Hi, I'm Per. I used to post here.per 3ds
After two decades of 3D modeling in 3ds Max I have developed an extensive set of tools and workflow enhancers. I'm quite confident it's the best you'll find anywhere, but judge for yourself, as I am going open-source. You will have absolutely everything that I have.
I will be releasing in small increments as I port from previous 3ds Max versions to 2020 in addition to re-writing and implementing new ideas.
- I will not host the project. If someone else does, I will contribute.
- I do not provide support.
- I do not document.
- I will not be hyping this, just developing it. Community interest and effort will be essential for this to reach all interested end-users.
My personal goals
- Develop the toolset for my own use.
- Re-connect with and be motivated by the 3D modeling community.
- Cooperate with other 3rd party devs, especially anyone proficient with the SDK.
- Use the toolset to teach 3ds.
- Make some money, without commercializing anything.
- Enough momentum behind the toolset to reach Autodesk's ears.
- Cooperate with other 3rd party devs.
- file mgr - consolidate 3ds user files (scripts, bitmaps, etc) to one cloud-syncable location
- ext mgr - install/uninstall/configure extensions
- prj mgr - extend to include gamma, units, and other settings
- perui toggles display
- perui context sensitive keys
- perui mat - standardized materials
- perui feed - messages ordinarily output in listener/messagebox now shown in viewport
- configuration manager
- mdl workspace - changes how 3d ops align to the viewport
- mdl selection
- mdl support
- mdl deletion
- mdl creation
- gui themes
- mdl viewport
- mdl blockout - most of the modeling tools reside here
- mdl hipoly
- mdl objects
- mdl booleans
- mdl lowpoly
- mdl uvw
- mdl SGPT - Next-generation modeling paradigm, similar to the shift from emesh to epoly
- mdl bake