Home Technical Talk

3ds Max or Blender

Wolfer
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Wolfer polycounter lvl 7
Hi everyone I'm sure this has been posted but it helps if I ask directly so I can follow it. Just I have experience with 3ds max and trying to get better but I notice that a lot of indie game or people who make games use blender more so I can't wonder if I should switch to starting to use blender more. I'm not trying to compare them just it seem people use blender since blender is free and curious if I should continue to improve with 3ds max despite it subscription or start to get the hang of blender. Just I have a learning disability and good idea to have a focus. Thank you.

Replies

• rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    I would say: Yes. You should know the tool "good enough" to be able to jump right into it if necessary. Simply because its free and used more and more.

Personally I switched from max to blender last year and I didn't regret it
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Neither application is going to make you a better modeler. So if you are comfortable with Max, whats the problem?

Just like rollin, I switched from Max to Blender about a year ago. My reasons were expense, community and development. Those reasons are personal, but using Blender doesnt make me a better artist. Just a happier one.
  • Cathodeus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cathodeus polycounter lvl 14
    I stay with 3DMax, because i can afford it, and because it is really good, I'm working in this industry on big projects, and lots of clients are using 3DSMax. Been using Maya, Lightwave, 3DSMax, and sometime blender. I still prefer Max even with all the cool additions Blender got recently.