Home Technical Talk

help with converting maya splines into Geo, i'm really frustrated . ( Solved )

Vamptacus
polycounter lvl 4
Online / Send Message
Vamptacus polycounter lvl 4
alright . this is my first post here so hello everyone now let's talk about my problem which has been bugging me since 5 hours ago ..
i'm watching a tutorial on creating hair cards and things were going smoothly till i reached the part when i had to convert my splines into geometry using a free script called simple pipe .. but guess what.. the script isn't working .. the website that you can download the script also isn't working and now i've been searching through the web to find another way of converting them for the past 5 hrs with no luck .. i'm crying here please somebody offer me a solution ..

btw i get this error when trying to the run the script

Warning: Line 41.30 : Redeclaration of variable "$circle" shadows previous declaration at line 38. Previous value will be overwritten by explicit initializer. //

and this is the link for it https://www.highend3d.com/maya/script/simple-pipe-for-maya

i also checked a video or two on cable which seems to be what i need but from what i saw the scale of it doesn't let you make it to thin which isn't what i want ... if some1 worked with it and you can then please tell me so i can get it

Replies