Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio Feedback- Looking for work!

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Akash283 polycounter lvl 7
Hey everyone, here's my current portfolio. I've been applying to jobs for the last few months but it hasn't been going great. For context I worked in AAA for a year then took a break for a year and a half (guessing that's part of the issue). I'm looking for work again.

Any thoughts are welcome, the images are in order of most recent project to oldest. I figure I may need to trim some of the older stuff.

Here's my portfolio site for more info on technical stuff

Artstation

(Edit: added artstation link)

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Hey, cool stuff. I'm going off your ArtStation instead of the images posted here. Your weapon images seem low res for some reason. Would be cool to see more wireframes, condensed textures, etc. Your space station render could use an update. Deciduous forest is alright, but the scene composition could be stronger, I have no idea where to look. Your art is good. Maybe it's not your portfolio, but which studios you're specifically applying to which is preventing you from landing a job? I doubt it would be the year break you took. What does your resume look like?
  • Akash283
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Akash283 polycounter lvl 7
    Hey thanks for the feedback, Ashervisalis! I'll add an Artstation link, forgot about that.

Been applying to pretty much everything. Got to the last round of interviews at 2 places recently.

Weapons were screenshots when I was working at my last job (ArenaNet). I don't have access to the model viewer anymore but I imagine I can add some ingame screenshots to give context? I'll have to find them in-game. Was kind of in a rush and didn't realize the screengrab software compresses the crap out of stuff.

I worked at a photogrammetry studio for six months last year so I have some work. I also taught Intro to Maya courses at University in that time (still am). Other than that a year at ArenaNet and 5 months at a VR startup.

I'm applying to any open environment art jobs right now, just seems like there's a lot more applicants these days? At least from when I started back in 2017. Got turned down from a few Blizzard openings (Love your Missile Turret btw, big SC fan), Retro Studios, PUBG, and a few others I can't quite remember. I also applied to a lot of EU studios like Ubisoft, Creative Assembly and a few others but they generally prefer EU citizens.