Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

"the big day" new environment scene

Raphe
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Raphe polycounter lvl 3

Put this concept together using spider verse concept art as a base. I want to make something small since my last environment was too large and I nearly didn't finish it. My focus this time is to try to get an image in Unreal that is similar to an offline renderer and I've been learning blender as well. 

Replies

• Raphe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Raphe polycounter lvl 3
    Since I've been working on this scene for a couple of weeks, I will post some of my progress here. 

I started by laying out the scene in blender and picking a camera for it. After that, I brought my Blockout models into Unreal and placed light to see how things felt, and see where I wanted the shadow shapes to fall. I started placing some textures (these are megascans since I didn't want to make another brick wall and cement texture). 

Later I realized that in order to feel busy I lived in, I needed more trash bags, so I create two trash bags in marvelous designer and made sure they could work from any angle. Looks a bit better after that. 

I started placing some of the posters and graffiti. The next steps are to create the low res version of my missing props, with some basic textures to make sure my colors are still working. 

I will post more frequently from here on now.

• Raphe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Raphe polycounter lvl 3
    This week I worked on the "low res" version of the ac and make sure my bakes were clean before start texturing. After I was happy with the baking I took a pass at texturing it.