Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Thor (Infinity War)

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
RabidRabit polycounter lvl 9
I started blocking this guy over my mornings this week. I've had a few interesting years in the industry and after the relative stability I had been experiencing was finally tested I realized most of my Character work was under NDA and my portfolio did not properly represent my current skill set. Now begins the production cycle of personal projects! 

Concept by Hicham Habchi

Replies

• RabidRabit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bit of an update from this morning. Tried to get the face to line up a bit closer to the concept. The low lip/chin/ angle of the moustache are the reg flags I still see. Maybe also elongating the barrel of the mouth?

• novem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    novem polycounter lvl 3
    Very nice! Love the stylization!
  • RabidRabit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some work from the weekend. Began breaking up the hair and torso armor into their smaller components. Everything is still a bit "wobbly" at the moment but I'll coming back to start working on refining the shapes once its all split out.

• Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    This is looking very promising! Feels like the nose is too flat from the side, even with stylization? Can't wait to see more! 
  • RabidRabit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch said:
    This is looking very promising! Feels like the nose is too flat from the side, even with stylization? Can't wait to see more! 
    Thanks!

I'll keep that nose thing in mind for sure. I've brought the model a bit further and started remeshing all the panels, I'm thinking my next post will be when I have all the armor and garments clean and sorted out, kind of a final "pre-detail" phase. I stumbled upon a fun workflow with polygroup by paint which is getting me some really nice clean topology work with, think I'll also put together a little "how to" on that if people are interested.
  • RabidRabit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been progressively working through and getting all the plates in a state where they have nice low poly topology that can easily be modified and subdivided. I also started working on the Stormbreaker Axe head over my lunch today:

• RabidRabit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Making more progress. Kinda got in the weeds on the boots and the weird dinner/serving plates I have taped to his forearms for literally no reason, Going to retry those so they look like actual armor lol

• RabidRabit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Adjusted a bunch of the proportions after getting some feedback and finally made a pass on the axe. I can now go back to cleaning up and refining things in peace haha.