Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Goliath MK III - Unreal engine 2.19 - Stills

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Dalton polycounter lvl 7
Would like to come back to this project & do a full environment pass & video. 

http://www.artstation.com/artwork/NXldD

Replies

• CybranM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CybranM interpolator
    Its hard to read the scale of the model
    The low perspective conveys a sense of "large scale" but the metal bars (red) make it look kinda small, it reminds me of metal bumpers you put on cars. Why would you need a bumper on the top of the model if its enormous?
    The detail on the leg look like some kind of access hatch which would imply that the model is huge. The golden window on the top looks like it'd be a bridge on a ship which also makes the model seem huge but then you see the grass which makes the model look small again. The models scale doesnt seem cohesive.

The model is balancing on that line that separates "detailed" and "over-detailed to the point of just visual noise", personally I feel its a bit too noisy with details everywhere. You could maybe remove some of the normal details and give the model some areas for the eye to "rest on" if you know what I mean.

I hope that doesn't sound too negative, the model and textures are good and I like it but some areas could use some tweaking :smiley:
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    great feedback from cybran.

Yeah i agree in the dioramas I think you should swap out the grass for trees. Have the big feet smashing down trees and its going to be more epic. But still some of those details on the body itself would need adjustment to be completely consistent.

Tossing in a man for reference in your scenes may help (not for renders, just in your working files)

it is some serious ass-kiccking work though
  • Dalton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dalton polycounter lvl 7
    Thanks CybranM,  It's my first time creating a Mech so I really appreciate the constructive criticism.
    And no you don't sound negative in the slightest, it's just like Alex said "great feedback"