Sketchbook: Will Pitzer (Saulti)

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
saulti polycounter lvl 6
Hey everyone!
 This sounded like a neat way to track my work and possibly get some feedback along the way. Im gonna start by posting a piece I had started a while back for a contest, but then due to deadlines no longer had time to see it through. It was originally for the Beauty and the Beast substance contest and I liked where I was going with it, so I dragged it out the other night and started cleaning it up. This is what I've got so far. 

Feedback welcome

Replies

• saulti
    Offline / Send Message
    saulti polycounter lvl 6
    Spent a little of my weekend posing him and starting to add a little more character to him. Im not sure what I want to do with the hair yet. I'd like to give him some braids perhaps. Still needs a lot more polish but I think it's going in a good direction right now. After I figure out his hair Im going to add a necklace and some scars probably. Any suggestions on improvements I could make?

• saulti
    Offline / Send Message
    saulti polycounter lvl 6
    Cleaned up some things, pushed the pose a bit more, added some accessories and did a little detail work. I think Im gonna call the sculpt done. I want to mess around with getting some nicer renders and making a nice presentation for this. I also started dabbling in Keyshot. Ive never used it before and think I need to spend some more time getting a custom lighting setup. Here's a render from Zbrush and then one from Keyshot just using their standard setup lighting. 

• saulti
    Offline / Send Message
    saulti polycounter lvl 6
    Woke up this morning and fiddled with keyshot for a few hours trying to learn it a bit. I think these ones came out pretty nice. I'd love it if any rendering/keyshot gurus had any thoughts on what I could be doing better. 

• saulti
    Offline / Send Message
    saulti polycounter lvl 6
    New sculpt started tonight in some free time. My wife was working on some character designs for a class shes been taking on the weekends recently and came up with this great portrait of an "evil step mother". I decided to build out her illustration in 3D so I can keep practicing some stuff I dont get to do at work. 
    Here's the illustration. My wifes name is Maya Lior and you can find her stuff at http://www.mayalior.com/

And here's the block in for the sculpt 

• saulti
    Offline / Send Message
    saulti polycounter lvl 6

Finished the sculpt this weekend, uved, and did a poly paint in zbrush. For now here's a nice keyshot clay render and a pic of the flat poly paint. When I have some free time next I plan on doing some material work and trying to get a full color render out of keyshot so I can fully recreate the painting in 3D. 
  • saulti
    Offline / Send Message
    saulti polycounter lvl 6
    Got a slightly better render I think this morning. Just want to save this here.
  • saulti
    Offline / Send Message
    saulti polycounter lvl 6
    Havent had time to work on that evil step mother personal project in a while. And I'm gonna be away this weekend so looks like its on hold for a bit. But, I'm liking this logging stuff I'm doing simply for the fact that I think it will be neat to go back to a year from now and look at all the little non portfolio piece things I did. So in the mean time here's some stuff from work I can share right now :) 
  • saulti
    Offline / Send Message
    saulti polycounter lvl 6
    Haven't updated this in quite a while. Here's a dump of a few things I can toss here. 

• saulti
    Offline / Send Message
    saulti polycounter lvl 6
    Quick sculpt of some fanart for WOW. Release of WOW classic got me inspired. All done in Zbrush and comped in PS. 
  • saulti
    Offline / Send Message
    saulti polycounter lvl 6
    Bust of Lor'themar from Warcraft. I think I'll keep working on this and make the bust into a game ready asset for practice. 

• saulti
    Offline / Send Message
    saulti polycounter lvl 6

Punk girl I just finished based on the awesome concept art of "biboun" Christophe Fossard. Sculpted and textured in Zbrush. Rendered in Marmoset Toolbag 3.