Home Artists Looking For Work

[3D Sculptor] Renan Assuncao - Official Topic Gallery

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
renan_assuncao polycounter lvl 4

Hello, This is my topic where I will post my work. Feel free to read a little more from me below. 

3D Digital Sculptor, working for collectibles, tabletop games and digital games companies, creating characters for different genres as Fantasy, Scifi, Steampunk, Medieval, Historic, Pinups..

Currently companies and titles as, Command and Conquer: Tiberium Secrets, Crossing Olympus, Bold Move Games, Nonsense Miniatures, Forwell Toys, Savage Models, Multiverse Arena..

Passionate about my work and I always strive to go beyond the brief I am given to achieve a more interesting and innovative outcome.I have worked on a large variety of projects, taking them from the scketch stage all the way through to the final production.

Why to work with me? 
Some of my strengths and the reason that most of the companies decided to work with me are: 
• More than 6 years of experience as sculptor for a well known company in the industry. 
• Able to work remotely, keeping a regular contact with the company team leaders about the work progress and deadlines 
• I can work with any genre and type of characters. 
• Ability to work quickly without sacrificing quality and with a fine attention to detail. 
• Ability to meet deadlines as necessary 
• Ability to sculpt having a way that product has no problems with casting, how the figures will be used and manufactured, and can provide guidance to help the client get exactly what they want and need. 
• Solid knowledge in character design for 3D printing, Joins, partitions, and technical requirements

Some of my work has been featured on a number of websites like, CG Society, 3DTotal, Artstation, PixelHunters, etc.

Here you can check my Show case: 
https://renanassuncao.com/

Replies

• renan_assuncao
    Offline / Send Message

Hello everyone, this is the workflow I use for customer models, every step of the process I send for an approval, be it in the blocking, detailing and rendering stages, so, let's take a look below! (Directed by Andrew Scott, a project for a Kickstarter.)

CONCEPT:
    Well, let's start, this is the artwork that I received through the Director, a fantasy concept, which by the way I found quite visible in questions of nuances, detailing of emblems and seams on the leather getting on the personal part of my creation

HEAD:

In particular in this model I choose to create the head as do initial, I make this decision in some of the models, when it comes to a mesh of hair or beard more specific. and saved in a ztl file, just when the body is blocked I give an append in the tools of the head to the body.

ACESSORIES:
    Particularly choose always to sculpt T pose, because of the practicality of creating the accessories. The first phase of seams and textures is applied, according to the 80mm scale to be visible on the print.

CONCEPT OPTIONS:

Most of the time I do between 2 and 3 options of weapons for the client to choose, giving the possibility of it can also change the chosen version. This is the photo that is sent to the choice/approval.

Were also created three options for the back part of the model for free choice of the client.

PRE RENDERS - APPROVAL:
    After all changes made according to customer request, the images for final approval were sent before proceeding for last stage, export of STL files and rendering.

EXPORTING AND REPAIRING STL FILES:
    After making the decimagens of the parts, the final model exported is important that has up to 100mb, to not cause issues in the printing software.
    The printing of separate parts of the model depends on each type of production, after receiving the order in which part the model needs to be separated, each file is exported as follows in the order of the image below.

REPAIRING STL FILES:
    After the STL file is exported, we will repair by leaving it ready for printing on the Netfabb software. When you load the mesh, the exclamation button indicates some errors, following the order of the image below, the software starts and completes the repair process.

After the completed process, the file is simply ready to export and send to the customer to print the final product.

• renan_assuncao
    Offline / Send Message

RENDER:

After exporting the model correctly I start the rendering phase, in which it is fully done through the keyshot with a black curtain in JPG format that are merged into a composition in Photoshop along with color correction before exporting. The PSD file accompanies the delivery of stls files, in order to help case client needs to manipulate images of the renders in order to create promotional campaigns. Along with 4 colorful renders and 5 as the example of the images below in the 4k resolutions.

• renan_assuncao
    Offline / Send Message

This is the Hody Jones Statue that I worked for a commercial in France, in which it is being printed on a large scale in Japan. 
    A special project for me, about a bond of work in these two places that I admire. 
    Hody Jones is a great white shark fish-man, protagonist of New Fish-Man Pirates, an anime series in Asia. 
    On this model, I worked sculpting the concept provided by the Creative Director In which I had the opportunity to execute the sequence of work I had already used, a submission to each step of the work for approval. Initial blocking, blockage, pose, detailing, rendering and everything ready for printing. 
    Creative Director: 
    David W. Mckenzie

Renan assuncao hody1
    Renan assuncao hody3
    Renan assuncao 39986163 539089406540826 5022744105533308928 n