Home Technical Talk

Intuos pro M/L or Cintiq (non pro) 16?

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
proto93 polycounter lvl 4

I use an inutos non-pro S currently and feel its a bit small and want to upgrade. Assuming money is no issue which of the two would be best for zbrush? (I am a hobbyist, nothing serious)

What draws me to the intuos pro is the side buttons but i do like the idea of drawing on a screen. It helps with the hand eye coordination thing. But for some reason none of the cintiqs have side buttons which confuses me.

Which would you recommend and why?

Thank you

Replies

• Andreicus
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreicus polycounter lvl 6
    I recently bought an Huion HS610 that is the equivalent of the intuos pro L with also mobile support but at a reasonable price and it's fantastic.
    I came from the intuos S that was giving me wrist pain due to the small size and it's a different world especially for sculpting. 

I never tried a drawing display but I think that 16" for Zbrush is quiete small but I don't have direct experience. 

So in my opinion if you like Wacom and don't care about money go for the intuos L but I still recommend the Huion HS610 over it.

Regarding the side buttons, I use them instead of the keyboard. 
  • proto93
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreicus said:
    I recently bought an Huion HS610 that is the equivalent of the intuos pro L with also mobile support but at a reasonable price and it's fantastic.
    I came from the intuos S that was giving me wrist pain due to the small size and it's a different world especially for sculpting. 

I never tried a drawing display but I think that 16" for Zbrush is quiete small but I don't have direct experience. 

So in my opinion if you like Wacom and don't care about money go for the intuos L but I still recommend the Huion HS610 over it.

You actually do bring up an interesting point. I went to the store yesterday to play with the Intuos pro and was surprised by the size of the L. I have been learning towards the M size. Do you ever feel that the L is too large or takes up too much desk space?

Also unrelated but I took a look at your artstation and it reminded me of home (I live in Japan)
  • Andreicus
    Offline / Send Message
    proto93 said:
    Andreicus said:

You actually do bring up an interesting point. I went to the store yesterday to play with the Intuos pro and was surprised by the size of the L. I have been learning towards the M size. Do you ever feel that the L is too large or takes up too much desk space?

Also unrelated but I took a look at your artstation and it reminded me of home (I live in Japan)
    I took a look at the size of the L because i didn't remember the exact measures and i want to say that my tablet, the HS610, is a bit bigger than the M but not big as the L.
    It's 350x211 mm ( 13.78" x 8.34" ). The Intuos M is 338x219 mm and the L is 430x287 mm.

With that said i think that the M is a right choice. My Huion is longer than the M and it doesn't take too much space on the desk, i have it between the monitor and the keyboard, when i want to use it i simply move the keyboard where the tablet was and i use only it because it has 12+16 progammable keys+touch ring so i don't need the keyboard.
    Although this is my preference.

Thanks for taking a look at my ArtStation, i like oriental cultures so a lot of my artworks are inspired by them.
  • proto93
    Offline / Send Message
    Interesting. I ended up looking at the HS610 and was so surprised at the price of it. So for now, I will pick that up and go from there. It looks like a great upgrade from my intuos S.

Thank you for your help
  • Andreicus
    Offline / Send Message
    proto93 said:
    Interesting. I ended up looking at the HS610 and was so surprised at the price of it. So for now, I will pick that up and go from there. It looks like a great upgrade from my intuos S.

Thank you for your help
    No problem, remember to uninstall the Wacom drivers before installing the new one and you will be fine. 

Oh and the pen stand can be opened if you twist it. There are 8 replacement nibs inside. It took me a few days to find out. Lol