Home Technical Talk

facing some issues with Zbrush as a newb sculptor

admin
Offline / Send Message
System admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: 3D Coat vs zBrush (noob post).

[ Split because you seem to be looking for specific advice, rather than a software comparison. ]

Replies

• ambelamba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambelamba polycounter lvl 6
    Sorry for the thread necromancy. But I am facing some issues with Zbrush as a newb sculptor. 

TBH, I am not using it for organic sculpting. My goal is to be a hard surface concept guy and as for Zbrush it's not that user friendly enough for it. Don't get me wrong. I bet Zbrush kicks serious butt when it comes to organic character sculpting. But that's not my goal. Sure, some of my design will have some organic forms but they won't have any serious surface bumps or anything like that. Think of Evangelion or Yukikaze. That's the design style I wanna go for. And I suspect Zbrush might be an overkill. 
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What's your question?
  • sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range

Oh...I dunno whether in all honesty you can attribute 'overkill' too any piece of DCC software. I mean from my perspective it's really a matter of artistic application coupled of course with finesse working towards the style one envisioned and there are tons of those examples web wide. For instance over on ZBrush Central 'Evangelion' aligned featured threads: 

THE RiSiNG (eva 01 head)