Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP]Mech King krote

Japjap
triangle
Offline / Send Message
Japjap triangle
Hello everyone!

Purpose of this project is to create hard surface, scif-fi based setting, game ready model. I decided to model king korte from miniatures sires Maschinen Krueger. It has interesting and original look, it's quite complex and has a lot of references in the web. For visual target, I took tanks models from  WoT. Even my model is sci-fi and tanks from WoT are real life vehicles, still in my opinion, they have quite a lot of common in their aesthetic.

And this, stage modeling of high poly mostly done. The only last thing, I am planing to add, is bolt of fabric, similar to which you can see on tanks, especially soviet ones.I will put it to the right-top side of  the tower, because now this place is quite empty.

To polish model, I need to  weld some parts together,  so i can achieve  nice looking edges and more solid look . Also i was thinking to import this model to Zbrush to add some scuffs, scratches, dents ect. But i don't know if it is forth it. Model is quite big and complex, and add those small details to  every part, with brush, can be quite time consuming. Also it can increase polycount dramatically and i am afraid that my pc wont handle it :smile: So i was thinking , to to add details  by this way, only to biggest  parts of the Mech. This way I will save time but at the same time, get those nice looking dents and scratches.

C&C are welcome and appreciated!
Cheers! 

And here is a photo of actual plastic model 

Replies