Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] [Character] Stylized Black Panther characters

triangle
Offline / Send Message
waruta triangle
I've been working on some stylized PBR versions of Black Panther characters as a personal project. Here are the block-outs of two of them, with a bit of color added. Any comments/suggestions are much appreciated!

Replies

• waruta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    waruta triangle
    One more block-out, now I will be moving on to refining the shapes and adding some details for all three characters. I'm finding this hairstyle kind of tricky to do in a stylized way, hopefully it looks better with some more sculpting and texturing. Comments and suggestions are much appreciated!

• jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    wow, you def nailed the likeness, great job so far 
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    I think for Nakia, you need those curls tighter together and have much more random placement as well as some size variation.  There is far too much space between the curls and they are practically a grid pattern right now.
  • NikhilR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NikhilR polycounter
    Lovely work! Great likeness capture!
    Also didnt realize shuris arm cannons opened up like that!
  • waruta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    waruta triangle
    Thanks guys for the comments, they are much appreciated!
    slosh said:
    I think for Nakia, you need those curls tighter together and have much more random placement as well as some size variation.
    Thanks, you are totally right about that. I'm going to redo the curls with that in mind.
    NikhilR said:
    Yeah, it happens really fast in the movie, but you can see it much better in the concept art.
  • waruta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    waruta triangle
    slosh said:
    I think for Nakia, you need those curls tighter together and have much more random placement as well as some size variation.
    Thanks, you are totally right about that. I'm going to redo the curls with that in mind.
    NikhilR said:
    Yeah, it happens really fast in the movie, but you can see it much better in the concept art.
  • waruta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    waruta triangle
    slosh said:
    NikhilR said: