Home Technical Talk

Using deformation master in Zbrush to make the low poly model after you made the high poly lazy?

Irraka
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Irraka polycounter lvl 7
Hey I wanted to hear your guys opinions on using Zbrush deformation master to just make a low poly for your model instead of going back into lets say Maya and making a low poly of the high poly you just sculpted in Zbrush. Is this considered lazy? If so can you guys explain the pros and cons? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    You mean decimation master, right? It's a beast of a tool. If the mesh isn't going to deform, and UV mapping will be OK with a decimated mesh, I don't see why it would be an issue. Also, just because a workflow is lazy, doesn't mean it's not useful or efficient! ;)
  • Irraka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irraka polycounter lvl 7
    Haha yeah sorry that's what I mean. I read an article where a guy explained how he just did that for his low poly models and in my head I was thinking like darn that would be a super easy and quick way to skin having to remake my models for low poly. I played around with it and it seems like it just really depends on how hard it would be for UV mapping. I suppose I could always clean them up a bit if I have to.