Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My Alien for The Rookies

Hi guys, thats my latest personal project, a real-time character rendered in marmoset toolbag. It was a really challenging character but I am really satisfied with the final result. At the end, I have got what I wanted and I have enjoyed it a lot! It was made for The Rookies in a few weeks. It is based on my own concept. Im not a concept artist but I wanted to do a personal design. Would be happy to hear community opinion and criticism.

If you want to see more renders and works here is the link to my artstation! https://www.artstation.com/andresprados 

HOPE YOU LIKE IT! 

Replies

• CybranM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CybranM interpolator
    Looks pretty good but its a bit hard to tell since hes only lit from the back. I think you could light the front to better show off the textures.

I think the crystals on his arms came out nicely but the transition from crystals to his shoulder could be improved.
    if you either add some crystal shapes to his base mesh or colour the areas around where they intersect to show that theyre growing out of the skin.
  • AndresPrados3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CybranM said:
    Looks pretty good but its a bit hard to tell since hes only lit from the back. I think you could light the front to better show off the textures.

I think the crystals on his arms came out nicely but the transition from crystals to his shoulder could be improved.
    if you either add some crystal shapes to his base mesh or colour the areas around where they intersect to show that theyre growing out of the skin.
    Sorry for the late response @CybranM . I have been really busy with some projects. First of all thanks for the feedback! 

I know that some stones on his arms came out a bit weird. But I didnt have time to fix them. For the next time I have to spend more time in this kind of details.