Home Technical Talk

Resent items in Win10 open/save file dialogs?

gnoop
sublime tool
Offline / Send Message
gnoop sublime tool
Do somebody knows if it's possible to make something like "recent folders" in W7  working in w10 open /save file windows?     I hate the mess of "quick access".
  Managed to get  "recent items" on the left panel of File explorer but couldn't get it in open save dialogs.   Would love to see exactly "recent folder"  not just mess of "items"   but guess it's not in style of Microsoft anymore to do something convenient 

Replies

• cptSwing
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    Will check on this thread regularly, as I too am annoyed with stuff Windows 10 just forgot to take care of (Why does the explorer status bar not show more information nowadays? Why MS, why?)
  • gnoop
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop sublime tool
       That damn "quick access" is not even working in half of programs  open/save dialogs.  Not in Zbrush at least.  And no drag&drop to use regular file explorer.  I used Listary  before but since last fall w10 update it's super glitchy. 

it's since a middle of last year when W10 became absolutely intolerable.  For years I used their contrast theme in form of everything neutral gray including open/save backgrounds. Couldn't anymore because  contrast themes had been messed up.   No right click menu with a contrast theme now.  And their black theme is even more horrendous than default one.  

How could they fail so much with W10 is beyond me.  A single thing anyone would want from OS imo is just  being  as much invisible behind actual soft  as possible and have a convenient file management. That's all . Well, two things.

Somebody bring Bill Gates back

• cptSwing
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    Aye, I still haven't figured out how exactly that "Quick Access" thing is supposed to work internally. It's certainly a step down from "Recent Places".

It's telling that I can't run any version of Windows more recent than 7 without installing Open Shell as the very first application (replicates the traditional start menu)

• Cathodeus
    Offline / Send Message
    Cathodeus polycounter lvl 14
    Listary will be your best friend I cannot imagine working without it now.
  • gnoop
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop sublime tool
    Cathodeus said:
    I have issues with Listary since  w10 1809 .  It's kind of switching  open/save windows on its own sometimes.  I had to reboot often to make it working properly.  Also it seems messing  with lots of 3d max

• spacefrog
    Offline / Send Message
    spacefrog polycounter lvl 15
    gnoop said:
    Cathodeus said:
    I have issues with Listary since  w10 1809 .  It's kind of switching  open/save windows on its own sometimes.  I had to reboot often to make it working properly.  Also it seems messing  with lots of 3d max

Do you have the "Quick switch" options enabled ( General Options tab ) ?
    Then its supposed to switch automagically
    And what do you mean by "it seems messing with a lot of 3ds max files" ?
  • gnoop
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop sublime tool
    Not max files rather Max interface. For example with "customize user interface" list   where I wouldn't expect Listary interaction at all.  Some other parts of Max too.  As of quick switch I am not sure . Sometimes it works just fine. Other time in an open dialog I try to open a certain folder from my Favorites and it doesn't do it,  just switching on to file explorer panel whatever folder is open there. After reboot it's all ok for some time again. 
    I use Listary for years but since last fall it started to annoys me. Not sure it's their fault or w10.