Home Technical Talk

Help me Model This!

node
Offline / Send Message
baccene node
How would you go about modeling this? I've tried twice and I'm still not getting it as nice as I would like. How would you go about doing it? 

Replies

• Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    reduce it to simple shapes.

three cylinders. Put them into place, adjust scale to get the rough proportions. Add in loops and tug verts to get shape. Connect the edges.

Read the stickied threads about making good post. Most the time you won't get answers to something as low effort as this.
  • RacePeaceDay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RacePeaceDay polycounter lvl 6
    Probably a loft modifier, or loft+booleans.
  • sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    Typically, posting an honest attempt supporting a typed query will usually elicit a level of interest suggesting revision/s but however, just handballing the problem over for someone else to tackle cold, will get you 'nada', I'm afraid.   
  • Klunk
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Klunk ngon master

2 cylinders one  16 sided one 8 sided   and a squashed octa geosphere hemisphere (4 segments so it matches up to the 16 sided cylinder)  remove top faces from hemisphere ahead of the selected edges. Extrude edges to second cylinders and sub divide the extrusion.  Add the detail to the 8 sided cylinder and shape it. Attach the elements together and then cut it in half down the middle (deleting one side). Now "stitch" it all together and shape the elements. Mirror and weld it back up refine the shape and slap on some smoothing.