Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

portfolio_review

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hi this is OMKAR SHINDE an 3D Environment Artist and this is my first time on Polycount forum so if possible please review my portfolio link is down below, feedback's or critics are welcome...

https://www.artstation.com/shindeomkar1234

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Looks really cool. For the character, I'd turn down the bloom in the render. Also, something about the texturing of the head/hair doesn't seem right, it makes it look non-organic. Can't tell you why, as I've not textured a character before.
  • jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    i would try to make a scene/small diaorama.  You say you want to be an evnironment artist but currently i see props.  So perhaps try the prop route.  Either way I would drop the character completely if you want to go the environment route.  Your first 2 pieces have pretty good lighting, the bue crate, not so much.  So maybe spend some time with that.  Lastly, if you want to go environment route i would spend some time in substance designer.  Seems to be the way to go these days
  • Zi0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zi0 polycounter
    The Sony recorder is your strongest piece right now, I would recommend creating more props of the same/higher quality and drop the rest. The container is a very simple object It would only be relevant as an portfolio piece if it would be a prop in a whole scene. You don't need the character since you want to do env art and the scifi crate is your weakest asset in my opinion.
  • artofmars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artofmars polycounter lvl 9
    Agreed with above ^ over all I feel your strongest pieces are your prop ones. Add a few more and then a full environment piece set up in unreal and it would be a solid environment art portfolio.
  • AndresZambrano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndresZambrano polycounter lvl 3
    I would highly recommend that you focus exclusively on prop modeling, the first Sony radio piece is by far the best one. Character's are pointless unless you focus on them completely.  Also maybe experiment with some roughness maps to break up the surface of the objects, like now they look brand new. 
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    The character isn't strong enough to stand on its own (for high end AAA anyway), however that doesn't mean its wasted effort. Knowledge of marvelous designer and your basics of human proportion and anatomy can help you make statues or similar props for your environments. Just adding this to rest of the advices.
  • omi159
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for the feedback and suggestions, i will surely work on it...