Home Technical Talk

How to kill touch ring etc of Wacom Intuos pro permanently?

gnoop
sublime tool
Offline / Send Message
gnoop sublime tool
And all the other useless crap too .  I know I should buy a cheaper simple one instead   but  still hope  there should be a way. Whatever I set in its driver settings it helps only for a while and then again  I am getting weird jerks in Max viewports or sudden uncontrollable scroll/ scale change in Photoshop  once I touch damn ring accidentally  by the other hand.   All this with having that ring and all the buttons switched off in the driver.   Surprisingly I have never had an issue before with old Wacom pro models and older Windows  but the current pair  drives me crazy.  Not sure if it's Wacom or Windows falt.

Replies

• thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    I had this happen with a recent driver on a fresh Mac. Drove me crazy until I saw it was creating app profiles all by itself as soon as I fired up certain apps while using the Wacom. I've never encountered this before with older OS and driver versions nor on Win 7 so I'm assuming it's some new way they found to annoy me.

Agree there should be a plain Intuos Pro without the buttons and doodads. I think they could call it Intuos 1 or 2. ;)
  • gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop sublime tool
    I already tried it   but after every second reboot  Wacom is creating those app profiles again on  its own.  Nothing seems able to kill it permanently.   Also about  the viewport jerks in Max they are probably even unrelated to the ring, I am not sure.   It's only Blender where Wacom works just ok.
     I saw somewhere an instruction how to kill ink service or something  conflicting with Wacom. It somehow helped with win8 before. Couldn't find it anymore
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    Well if it saves profiles as files somewhere, try write protecting the folder?

• gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop sublime tool
    Yeah, probably. Thanks thomasp
  • gvii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gvii polycounter lvl 10
    You gotta save profiles for the separate programs you use, and do disabled on everything for each one if you want to make sure it doesnt automatically create a profile. At least they added a disable all now.

• gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop sublime tool