Home Technical Talk

[Help] Render in Blender software looks weird [SOLVED]

node
Offline / Send Message
ouieer node

Hello,

I don't know what happened to my model. I don't know what I've pressed but this render preview really looks weird. I tried searching for solutions on google but couldn't find any as I don't really know what's going on here.

Please help, thank u.

Replies

• .Wiki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    .Wiki polycounter lvl 8
    What are your rendering settings? The only thing clear is that you´re using cycles.
  • ouieer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ouieer node
    .Wiki said:
    What are your rendering settings? The only thing clear is that you´re using cycles.
    Hey

It won't allow me to upload the actual file here but here's a screenshot of the settings.

Render settings

Render layers

Scene

• ant1fact
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ant1fact polycounter lvl 9
    I would try these 2 things, not sure if they will help:

1) Under performance change your tile size to 256/256 - usually this is the fastest setting for GPU rendering. Don't know if you had a specific reason for having 240/180. 2) Try Denoising off

Otherwise if you are comfortable providing the file, I am happy to take a look.

EDIT: tile size and denoising might not affect preview at all, I got confused for a second. But I will leave those there as tips anyway. Another idea I have is that maybe it's not your render settings but your camera, if you were using one. I once had a similar issue with an orthographic camera and the only solution was to delete the camera and create a new one.
  • .Wiki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    .Wiki polycounter lvl 8
    I would switch off the denoiser and set the rendering device to cpu instead of gpu. 

Does it look the same when you render a simple scene, with just a cube and a light, in cycles?
  • Prime8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prime8 interpolator
    Looks a bit like resolution downsampling, but rougher.
    Nothing special in your settings. Are there any plugins you are using that could cause this? I see "Cell Fracture" in your tool shelf, but I'm not familiar with that.
    Does this happen only in perspective view? Is that room(?) surrounded by a volume or other transparent object?
  • ouieer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ouieer node
    ant1fact said:
    I would try these 2 things, not sure if they will help:

1) Under performance change your tile size to 256/256 - usually this is the fastest setting for GPU rendering. Don't know if you had a specific reason for having 240/180. 2) Try Denoising off

Otherwise if you are comfortable providing the file, I am happy to take a look.

EDIT: tile size and denoising might not affect preview at all, I got confused for a second. But I will leave those there as tips anyway. Another idea I have is that maybe it's not your render settings but your camera, if you were using one. I once had a similar issue with an orthographic camera and the only solution was to delete the camera and create a new one.
    Hello antifact,

I tried editing the tile size but it won't accept the input. I turned off the denoising as well but no change still :(
    Yes! I want to share the file here but the site says it's not an acceptable file so here's a wetransfer link: 

https://we.tl/t-36yeOElWiD

I'm not using a camera as of the moment. I've only rendered it through viewport by pressing shift z.
  • ouieer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ouieer node
    .Wiki said:
    I would switch off the denoiser and set the rendering device to cpu instead of gpu. 

Does it look the same when you render a simple scene, with just a cube and a light, in cycles?

It is rendering with gpu and I have deactivated the denoiser as well but the result is still the same.
    I did a test but this one didn't have any problem.

• ouieer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ouieer node
    Prime8 said:
    Looks a bit like resolution downsampling, but rougher.
    Nothing special in your settings. Are there any plugins you are using that could cause this? I see "Cell Fracture" in your tool shelf, but I'm not familiar with that.
    Does this happen only in perspective view? Is that room(?) surrounded by a volume or other transparent object?

Hello @Prime8

This is a student room I'm creating for my portfolio, I think I have two objects that have glass material. I don't remember using the cell fracture :(

If you have blender and would like to check on my file here's the link https://we.tl/t-36yeOElWiD
  • xrg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xrg polycounter lvl 10
    Try lowering End Clip from 1000km to something like 1km.

• ouieer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ouieer node
    xrg said:

Oh my god it worked thank uuuuuuuuuu!!!
    Sorry I feel very stupid now. I'm self studying with this software and sometimes I don't have any idea what I'm writing.

Thank u!!!

Thanks @ant1fact @prime8 @.wiki
     I appreciate you guys.
  • ant1fact
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ant1fact polycounter lvl 9
    Glad you all found a solution for this. Good to know this clipping stuff for future reference too!
  • Prime8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prime8 interpolator
    xrg said:

Wow, good find!
    Seems to only happens in orthographic view, interesting effect.