Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Male Gladiator [Wip - Real Time]

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Osharis polycounter lvl 4
Hi everyone! I wanna share with you my latest project. It's a character of a gladiator in Assassin's Creed Odyssey style. My main goal for this project was starting an indepth study of the anatomy, from muscles positioning to the different features of human skin.
I started from a simple model, since I already had some knowledge of basic muscles positioning.
What I really focused on was giving muscles a realistic effect. In the various steps you can see some anatomy errors in shape and structure. I have to admit that I have been working very hard on it and I took some breaks just to make my eyes rest. Hands and foot are not visible at the moment since I used old models for them (hands and feet are the very first parts I studied seriously some time ago). The model has been divided many times in order ti have a low-poly model for future corrections. If you have any feedback on that, please share with me in the comments.

PS. The model is for real-time  rendering, for reference i use Jason Statham, some image of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and more from Rafael Grassetti.
I hope you like it!

Replies

• apollo580
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    apollo580 polycounter lvl 9
    I think his arms are a bit too short, check out human proportion reference before going into too much detail.

Image result for loomis male proportions

• jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    i would slow down a bit, before going into the tertiary dets try to really work on the form, get that anatomy as best you can. I would bring in the zbrush skeleton and put it underneath the skin, so you can reference where the bones sit, that wil help inform you on how the muscles sit on top of that 
  • Osharis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys!
    First, i really apprecciate your comment, thanks for have spent time on it, really.
    Second, I checked again as you suggested and I correct, I seem to notice a good visual improvement in the forms.
    This is the result, tell me if you see error, thank you!!

• jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    dbl check your calf muscles, there was a good talk one of the zbrush summit by anatomy tools, one thing he said that stuck out to me is that there in no such things as straight lines in the human body.  off set the calf muscles a bit, the one that is on the outer part of the leg is higher then the other one.  I would also take a second stab at the back muscles, seems like you are missing some and right now your lats are huge
  • Osharis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi!!
    Sorry if i'm disappear but i have to do a lot of work for my academy.
    During these days i work on anatomy and on a concept for the armor.
    I recevied a lot of tips and this is the result of both.
    I hope you like it and if you have another tips, please tell me!!

• Aydhe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aydhe polycounter lvl 5
    Go back to your anatomy and study rimary and secondary forms. Currently the overall anatomy of thhis character is a mess. There are massive issues with legs, the back, torso, face, arms. review your anatomy and take it step at a time.

• artofmars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artofmars polycounter lvl 9
    ^ agreed with what was said above. Remember even if you are a ripped gladiator your going to have fat. That fat will be effected by gravity, really think of that whenever you sculpt.