Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

New 3D Designer Seeking Help

kryptio
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
kryptio polycounter lvl 2
Hello, I am seeking some help as I would like to design specific Meshes a certain way. I am trying to create low poly monsters and also need help with creating texture maps for example eyes. I currently use Cinema 4D, but i dont think it will matter as long as i get the concept idea down. Here is the type of modeling i am looking for. 

Replies

• Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    this site has a wiki and within that wiki there is a lot of links to good beginner tutorials.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    What do you have for concepts?

And what do you mean "a specific way?"

You mean you want the textures to be illustrated?
  • kryptio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kryptio polycounter lvl 2
    Well textures with UV Mapping. I can draw the textures but making them look flush with the mesh.
    The squid that i posted is what i am looking to do but i dont know how to design like that or have any idea where to start as it is low poly but the texturing makes it look smooth. 

Basically i am trying to understand how to design like this and looking to see what type of modeling is this and if there are any videos out there that i can study from.
  • jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    the best way to start, is simply by starting a piece.  You say you want to create something like the squid.  So why don't you start by remaking that squid you posted and using that as reference.  Post often here and people will help you with questions as they come up 
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    @kryptio
    The reason why the mesh LOOKS smooth is because the normals across the model have been averaged or smoothed.  The texturing and rendering style takes care of the rest.

The texturer almost treats the whole model like a static illustration.