Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Acr3D's Art Pile

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Acr3D polycounter lvl 2
Hello! I have decided to start a forum where I can drop all my work I do and maybe get some feedback. I'm posting an oldish work to get it started. 

Replies

• Zi0
    Offline / Send Message
    Zi0 polycounter
    The crossbow could use some optimization, I see a lot of edge loops that you don't need. It is a bit too simple to be an quality portfolio piece.
  • Kainkun
    Offline / Send Message
    Kainkun node
    Uploading a sketchfab link would be nice, so we can see more of the model
    Im not a pro either but try thinking about where the crossbow would be weathered the most, right now the weathering looks too spread out and even. Imagine yourself actually hold the model and try rubbing it with sandpaper and think about where paint would be left, and of course there would be more weathering where you hold it and where the rope makes friction
  • Acr3D
    Offline / Send Message
    Acr3D polycounter lvl 2
    Kainkun said:
    Uploading a sketchfab link would be nice, so we can see more of the model
    Im not a pro either but try thinking about where the crossbow would be weathered the most, right now the weathering looks too spread out and even. Imagine yourself actually hold the model and try rubbing it with sandpaper and think about where paint would be left, and of course there would be more weathering where you hold it and where the rope makes friction
    Good point, I never would of thought about this when I made it.
  • Acr3D
    Offline / Send Message
    Acr3D polycounter lvl 2
    Zi0 said:
    The crossbow could use some optimization, I see a lot of edge loops that you don't need. It is a bit too simple to be an quality portfolio piece.
    I normally wouldn't use this on my professional portfolio. Just posted to artstation but not on my website 
  • Kainkun
    Offline / Send Message
    Kainkun node
    It looks like you're missing metalness and roughness in your sketchfab, from substance you can export directly to sketchfab which is the easiest way, it takes care of everything

• Acr3D
    Offline / Send Message
    Acr3D polycounter lvl 2
    Kainkun said:
    It looks like you're missing metalness and roughness in your sketchfab, from substance you can export directly to sketchfab which is the easiest way, it takes care of everything

Sorry for the uber late reply, still trying to get into Polycount.
    But thank you for pointing that out! I didn't know that was a thing! My profs showed me to use the UE4 preset and now I just quickly go through it with UE4. Ill try it out on my next model.

Crossbow update: I have it to the side for now and will eventually update it when I want to go back.
    More posts are coming this weekend after the last day of the semester and would love some feedback.
  • Acr3D
    Offline / Send Message
    Acr3D polycounter lvl 2
    Here is my portfolio website, requested as an assignment for school so its not final. I am currently working on a few different solo models as well as the Ubisoft NEXT for 2020! Will submit more soon!
    https://austinjhiggins.com/