Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] [UE4] Teenagers Bedroom

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
JonJo interpolator
Hey Polycount :) 

I was hoping to get some critique on my new game scene, teenagers bedroom. The goal for the project is to create a believable bedroom for a male teenage character, whilst hitting the visual quality of Naughty Dog titles like Uncharted 4. Cassie's room was the main inspiration for this piece as her room tells the viewer so much about the character without even seeing them. I hope to do a couple of different lighting scenarios.

Started this scene 2 weeks ago and have slowly been working through assets and getting everything prepared for static lighting. Most assets aren't fully finished and a lot is still in blockout. Most materials with colours (door, wall paper, bedding, etc.) are set up for hue shifting so colours aren't yet final. I think one or my main concerns would be the shape of the room, I think the rectangular shape might be seen as a little boring and It might be worth There's still quite a lot of lighting issues, getting some strange bounces from the directional light. I also still need to block out my wires for the TV, console, speaker, etc. but waiting on final room layout first. 

This is a portfolio piece and absolutely nothing is final so please don't hold back :) 6 months roughly til graduation so all is welcome and appreciated!

Replies

• garcellano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garcellano greentooth
    Damn, a tv right by the bed? I wish I had a setup like that when I was a teenager
  • Spag_Eddy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spag_Eddy greentooth
    As somebody who is neurotic about coaster usage and has a tendency to have a complete meltdown when people don't use them, I fully appreciate the attention given to the stains on the end table/dresser. Things like that really help to tell the story and always give me a special little feeling on the inside when I see them.
  • Doxturtle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Doxturtle polycounter lvl 8
    Nice work, the room feels a bit blocky and square. Adding some more interesting architectural elements might help it a bit. 

This piece is great reference:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/62qKN

The lighting could be a bit more dramatic, at the moment its quite flat so its a bit dull. An evening/night scene could work really well, with the nice orange glow of the lamps, a blueish light from the TV hitting the bed. You've got those cool coloured lamps and you could have the light coming in through the bedroom door. 
  • JonJo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonJo interpolator
    @garcellano @Spag_Eddy Thank you guys, the enthusiasm is great! :)

@Doxturtle I've made some efforts to make the room look a little more interesting by added a corner to the room and some walls for a chimney. It's pushed some stuff around the room a little which I think breaks it up quite nicely. Lemme know what you think on that. Your comments on the lighting were really interesting but I'm pretty set on making sure the first lighting iteration is day time. I plan on doing an evening setting a little later on, but my portfolio needs something sunny haha! I will definitely use your feedback when I get to that stage though!

I've made a couple more changes to the scene. I've played with some patters on some of the wall paper, moved assets around, made a few lighting tweaks to add a little contrast. I've run into some lighting issues that I've detailed in one of my screenshots, if anyone has any solutions to my light bounces and seams, that'd be super useful as I'm no lighting expert. 

Lemme know what you think :)

• Carabiner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Carabiner greentooth
    I really like the materials on the dresser, and the attention to detail there on the hinges. I also appreciate things like the rumpled-up bottom sheet. I do agree that the room might be more interesting with some ceiling changes -- maybe it's more of an attic room so it has part of it angled?
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really like the work you've put into it so far, nice work!

If I had to think up a crit... You're caught between a "teenage room" that you see when browsing for bedding and an actual room someone has lived in for 13-18 years. It's the sum total of their entire existence packed into one room.
  • JonJo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonJo interpolator
    @Carabiner Thank you, I'm pretty happy with it so far, I think it could really use some nice stickers / torn stickers to add to the aging and to the character of the piece. I'm also looking at making it a little more angled, let me know what you think of the plans I've quickly mocked up in.

@Mark Dygert Cheers Mark! I completely agree with you, it is definitely lacking a lot of the personal touches you'd see in someones bedroom. I think with the addition of things like stickers, posters, more clutters of clothing, etc. it should hopefully start coming together. It'll be something I'll keep in my mind as I go on, thanks!

Over the past 2 days I've been doing more blocking out to add some personal items for the person who lives in the room. As I had already planned for them to be a bit of a music enthusiast, I went all in and added some music creation kit. I've made a Marley outdoor speakers and a Midi Keyboard as well as an audio interface, desk speakers and some headphones. Lots of fun modelling to do there! I won't be able to move onto the clothing piles / bedding til after xmas as I don't have Marvelous on my Laptop. 

Finally, after receiving Carrie's feedback on making it more of an attic room, I've looked at slanting one of walls to create a ceiling piece. Just a mock in PS at the moment and I'll move onto blocking some stuff in tomorrow. I'll also hopefully move on to sorting out the wallpaper, making it feel a bit more realistic. Showing the bubbles and marks between rolls and some nice normal details is the plan!

Lemme know what you think!

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Looks cool. I like the bed sheet crawling up, totally reminds me of my unkept bed as a teen! Here's some thoughts;

- I'd reduce the number of cup ring stains on the dresser. They're pretty distracting and it looks like you've just used the alpha from Substance Painter and clicked a bunch of times.
    - Reduce the normal intensity of the wallpaper a bit?
    - Reduce the intensity of the light beam.

Keep it up, can't wait to see the final product! If you have a colour palette you'll be sticking to in post, might be a good idea to choose posters which match up with the final colours well.
  • JonJo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonJo interpolator
    @Ashervisalis Hey, thanks for the feedback! Spot on with the cup rings, I might lower the intensity a touch but I don't have the time to make my own haha, thankfully most general viewers won't know it's a Substance alpha which I'm fine with. I've re-done the wallpaper now so lemme know if you think the problem persists, but I'll look into reducing the light bloom and see how it looks. Thanks again!

I've been working on re-doing the wallpaper and adding a trim texture to the wall pieces. I've created the sloped wall piece to add some more interesting shape to room. For the wallpaper, I wanted to create a normal map with a bit of rough texture and an obvious paper seam where there's been a bit of overlap with the rolls. I've sorted out most of the lightmaps but a few scene related errors are persisting. 

Next I think is working on some posters to see what works with the scene! 

As always, lemme know what you think! Cheers

• JonJo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonJo interpolator
    Hey Polycount, hope everyone's had a lovely Christmas break! 

The update this week is a bit smaller, I've been doing some small tasks over the Christmas break, but I'm ready to get back into full swing! I've been doing some small blocking out, adding some posters, adding clutter and planning for some future assets. I've managed to get Marvelous installed, but not Zbrush! So i've been able to simulate some curtains but I'll still have to wait to move onto the floor clothing and the duvet!

As always lemme know what you think! Enjoy the rest of your holidays!

• Lou_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lou_ polycounter lvl 6
    NNICCCCE WOKrrkok there JONboy 

• Posters kinda look like png images from a distance, something to make them more paper (roughness, normals) would go a long way 
    • Trousers look like a murder scene ;) guess its block out
    • Some of the edges look a lil sharp, eg: the chair might be worth the polys for a bit for softness and lighting curve  
    • Might me worth having a crinkle detail map on that duvet cover it should be all screwed up from use 
    • Grime around vent 
    • Wire bundle mess could make desk more music tech themed 
    • I'd have clutter coming out from under the bed like the person has been stuffing it there
    • I'm guessing this person does not hover their carpet, sprinkle some grime, coffee  and shit 
    • Use marvelous to make lots of used tissues in the bin lol this is a teenager after all
    • Wardrobe might work if the draw is open with clothes spilling out, give nice continuity for other clothes being aimed at that area of storage
    There is some suggestions hope that helps
  • JonJo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonJo interpolator
    Cheers for the feedback @Lou_ , I've added a lot of those points to the big task list! Really helpful stuff.

Over the past few days I've been moving back home from the holidays and working on some Marvelous Designer bits and pieces. I've done the duvet, some jeans, some socks, and a t-shirt. I think I need to re-do the shirt and give some more texture love to the socks and jeans, but it's come out pretty good for the time put in! I've also worked on a couple of extra blockout props that I've scattered about to make the room a bit messier. Managed to pilfer some cola can and cigarette assets from an older project which was a big bonus! I've also modelled two baseball bats for the character as well as a baseball, which should come in useful for the second stage of the project! 

Lemme know what you think, and happy new years!!

• JonJo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonJo interpolator
    Quick update, been working on the desk plant to add a bit of greenery to the space. The foliage tutorials by Peyton Varney and Karen Stanley (I'll link both below) have been a real help to wrap my head around making this stuff. I'm super excited to start working on some trees for outside of the window soon to get rid of the diorama feeling I get looking out of it. I've also added a couple of paper notes (which I think might be looking a little noisy) to the desk and shifted a few things around.

Links to the foliage tutorials
    Peyton Varney - https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Z4v5N
    Karen Stanley - https://www.artstation.com/artwork/EQQbA

As always, lemme know what you think :) 

• Carabiner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Carabiner greentooth
    Looking great! What if some of the leaves were kinda brown and dying? It seems like this room's inhabitant doesn't really take great pride in being organized or clean, I could see them not really being great at regularly taking care of plants either. Might add a nice bit of story to it.
  • Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It looks like you have 2 different outside light sources pointing in 2 directions. The window is creating the square of light on the floor, but it's also projecting a square of light on the back wall. That's what is currently catching my eye the most.
  • JonJo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonJo interpolator
    @Carabiner
    In my initial texture pass I'd added some browning to the edges, however it was looking very good, but I'll definitely try adding more decay now you've mentioned it, certainly not the room of an organised person haha. Thank you!

@Ashervisalis
    Hey, cheers for your comment! I only have the one light source (Beside the lamp) and it's the directional light. I'd done some experiments to try remove it the error, I even highlighted it in a previous post after failing to fix it haha. The light on the wall seems to be a direct light bounce from the intense sun-light on the floor. However it's a bit of a difficult situation to fix as currently the directional light serves most of the fill light in the room making it feel natural, but lowering the amount of bounces fixes the issues, but also removes the fill. If you've know of any solutions to this, I'd really appreciate it :D
  • Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh damn, nah I don't have any idea how to fix that light. Hey @FULGORE any idea's on this lighting issue?
  • FULGORE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FULGORE greentooth
    Oh damn, nah I don't have any idea how to fix that light. Hey @FULGORE any idea's on this lighting issue?
    Ask and I shall appear ;)

Yeah the light on the wall doesn't look like what I'd expect from just bounce light. It looks more like direct light - could the directional light be coming through a gap or one-sided mesh in the architecture (ceiling/doorway maybe?) and casting on that wall as well as the floor? (even though I'd also expect extra volumetric rays is this was happening)

Also just to aid in the diagnosis, do you have any weird Lightmass settings going on?
  • JonJo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonJo interpolator
    Hi @FULGORE , cheers for dropping in on the problem! I've got no gaps in the architecture, and all my meshes have back faces. Managed to fix all those issues a while ago! I'm pretty certain it's the direction light as the shadow has lines through it which mimic the shadows caused by the window frame. I'm no lighting expert so everything's a little weird to me in the lightmass settings. I've picked up Luoshangs GPU lightmass baker which surely overrides my settings, but I'll post them here anyway, along with the setting of my direction light if that helps. I've been opting for the tool as my CPU is on it's last legs and I recently got a 1080, speeding up those bake times ridiculously. I could remove the tool and do some CPU bakes if you think it's worth a shot? 

• JonJo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonJo interpolator
    I've been working on a lot of props for the room over the past few days. These include; wires, deodorant cans, lava lamps, a full sized keyboard, and a sports trophy, so apologies for the image spam!! Lots of smaller pieces and one large one. The wires are looking a bit flat and I might increase their size as they look a little small. I think the lighting on them makes them look flat so I'll look at the lightmaps for problems. 

I also need some advice on what to put on the wall over the bed! I feel like it's a sizeable wall space that needs something interesting to occupy it, but I want something that isn't just posters. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them!  

As always lemme know what you think!

• JonJo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonJo interpolator
    Small update this time! Been working on learning photohrammetry, and after a few arduous attempts, I've managed to create a pretty good scan of my shoes! The scan result is overall alright, I've managed to clean up most of the errors on it, but still need to run it through substance to add roughness and texture the base of the shoe. Learnt a lot from the experience and I plan on doing some more photogrammetry (hopefully of a rucksack!) to keep pushing the skills.

• JonJo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonJo interpolator
    Hey Polycounters, got a bit of a scene update this week as it's been a while since I've shown the whole room. I've been working on a bunch of things over the past week or so.

I've managed to keep pushing the photogrammetry and put my rucksack of almost 6 years (since I was 15!), into the project. Still learning and working out the kinks so not error free yet. Still need to do a PBR pass as it's just base colour and normals, but I liked the result.

I've been adding posters to add to the EDM vibe, which I feel is starting to give an idea of the type of music the person listens to and wants to emulate. I think some of the new posters are looking a little noisy in places, let me know what you think though! 
    I've also doing some blocking out with speedtree assets outside the window to break away from the diorama feeling. I plan to texture the side of a house outside too.

I've put together some LED strips, they're pretty primitive right now and I need to go through and switch a couple of the LED's off, but let me know what you think of them.

I feel like I've hit a milestone with the project, and I think the next steps for the project are going to be working on the rest of my blockout meshes and getting them up to the quality of the rest of the assets. I also need to add more clutter to the floor in places, and re-arrange some of my hero assets to better show them off. Starting Uni again tomorrow so updates might be a little slower! 

Any feedback is always appreciated! 

P.S @FULGORE @Ashervisalis , for some reason the mysterious bounce has disappeared, no idea why either! Thanks anyway for taking a look, it's much appriciated :) 

*image is blurry and hazy because of the light from the window, sorry, I'll do better next time!

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks great man. Another lighting issue I'm seeing is the lava lamps. Right now it looks like you're using spot lights. Also, I don't think lava lamps are bright enough to cause that much light to appear on the wall.
  • FULGORE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FULGORE greentooth
    So now we'll never know about that mystery light, dammit :P 

agree re the lava lamps - you could adjust the Source Length and Radius (if you haven't already) of the lights to make them tube-shaped instead of points, maybe bring down the intensity and compensate with indirect intensity for a softer look? Assuming they are Point Lights. Looks more likely to me.

Maybe also dial down whatever is providing most of the "fill" indirect light (Skylight? Indirect Intensity of Directional Light?) for a bit of contrast if you want the individual sources to stand out when they're not in the path of the sunlight. Just a bit of adjustment might do it nicely :)

The overall summery look is nice - the haze is really nice where you have it so IMO keep it, same with how the source light inside the lampshade looks. Transmission or BumpOffset emissive? And that carpet texture is crisp.

I think the lamp's light could benefit from becoming two spot lights with LightFunctions or IES profiles top and bottom of the lampshade - like the direct light is spilling out of the holes in the lampshade (like reality) - then adjust the indirect intensity as necessary to represent the diffused light that comes through the shade.

Example:

Also this is 100% personal preference, but when I have scenes like this, a quick n' easy trick to "make it pop" as they say, is to make the ceiling a bit glossier than usual, and place a Rectangle Light over the top of your window - have it Stationary/Moveable, with no indirect light (if you want to be extra impressive, I *think* a Stationary Light with no GI is still marginally cheaper because the engine doesn't expect to rotate it in realtime), with a Specular Scale of something between 0.6 and 0.85, and a small attenuation radius so it won't affect your lighting. This will give the entire window a nice specular reflection in the ceiling above.

Quick example of how it looks on an artex type of material ceiling, ignore my shoddy rectangle drawing skills:

• shadacer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shadacer polycounter lvl 6
    Hey there,
    Just having a skim through, I really like what you have so far! Lighting, materials etc seem on point.

If I could suggest anything, it would be to get some grunge/wear/decalling on the floors and walls. If a teenager lives here it\s likely some parts of the place could be dirty and dusty from boot scuff marks, disarray and spilled, smuggled drinks. Wallpaper could have dents and worn away bits, carpet could be discoloured where the sun has shone or where the teen's been walking etc.
    Might just push a little more of an aged space :)

• JonJo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonJo interpolator
    @Ashervisalis
    Good spot, thank you! the reason they are so intense is because I had moved the shelves and lamps for poster space, but left the lights! I've moved them back into place, lowered the intensity and increased the source radius to try soften the effect, lemme know what you think :D 

@shadacer
    Cheers for the feedback! A lot of the stuff you've pointed out is super helpful and I've added it to my big decal list to work on towards the end of the project! I prefer to add those torn wall paper bits and spillage stains later on so I can control the messiness of the room at the end. I'll tag you when I start working on them so I can get your feedback! might take a week or so, so much to do! Cheers for all the tips, it'll help lots when I'm on that final 90 percent!

@FULGORE
    I've worked on your feedback! The comments on the lamp and getting the bounce light in were spot on so I've tried to implement them, lemme know if you think they need tweaking or changing. I followed the exact specifications for the optimised bounce light :D excellent optimisation tips! Not sure what you meant about the light using Bump Offset or Transmission (could you clarify?). I'm using SSS for the lampshade though, same as the curtains, to get the light bleed. I'll keep bashing away at the rest of the scene before playing with the indirect intensity, got some stuff under the bed I don't wanna lose light on! Thank you so much for the feedback though, incredibly useful!

It's been a slow few days, jumping back into my Uni project will mess with my schedule a bit. Hopefully I'll be able to do some more photogrammetry soon as we've got some overcast days coming up. I'll have to show you my ghetto setup in my garden, not super efficient but it does the job. I've planned to do my rubbish bin, a dirty plate, a cap, a controller, and I'm going to scan in some post it notes my games team did over inktober for the bedroom wall. 

I've added some assets to the desk (pen, audio interface, mobile phone) but they're all pretty minor, looking forward to doing some of the more meaningful stuff over the next few days. 

Lemme know what you think :)

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh man a Delta Heavy poster. Are you a fan? I saw him last year on a boat party here in Van. Was walking around the boat before his set and some dude was chilling on a laptop all by himself, didn't think much of it. Turns out that was him and would have been a dope opportunity to go have a chat with him.
  • JonJo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonJo interpolator
    @Ashervisalis I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan, but I do enjoy quite a few of his songs. Party boat sounds like a lot of fun though, would love to do something like that.

Small update this week, been getting on with Uni work and finding good weather for photogrammetry. Still need to clean up some data and plan for more shoots. The desk is getting much closer to a finished state, the headphones are now mostly complete and the dinner plate is rough but about 60-70 percent complete. I feel like it's alright, but I'll keep working on it at a later stage as there's still so much to do!

I've also scanned in some post-it notes done by my games team over Ink-tober (The portraits are of some of the team members and done by a talented 2D artist called Nethi). I've kept them very high-res to immortalise them and keep around the team memories before finishing uni, but game res would definitely not allow this. 

Going to try posting more regularly as it's been almost a week, shame on me!

Lemme know what you think!

• JonJo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonJo interpolator
    Hey Polycount, hope everyone's having a good week!

This week I've been working on a couple of different things. Firstly, I've been working on the exterior of the house. I've added some tree's and a couple of houses outside the window to simulate the feeling of a neighbourhood. I'd like to add some more small details out there so if anyone has any ideas of what might look cool outside, let me know!!

I've also been working on decals (finally)! I've been working on coffee stains for the desk paper, grunges for the corners of the ceiling, dirt marks on the carpet. I also managed to lift some stickers from a previous project. I hope to keep working on adding more grunge decals and stickers around the room in some places as I really like the detail they've added. 

I've also modelled and textured a bong, some coasters, a waste bin and some scrunched paper. I've got some lightmap issues on the scrunched paper because it's a one sided plane using a two sided material. Quick and easy solution will probably be just to place them in lit areas, but I might work on a proper fix. 

Thought I'd share some screenshots showing the whole room again to highlight all the changes. Let me know if you think I should go for more or less grunge as I'm not sure if it's not visible at all or too much.

As always, any feedback is really appreciated! Cheers

• JonJo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonJo interpolator
    Hey people,

It's been another busy few days, but I've managed to get a couple of scene things done this week. 

First of all, I've been going round and replacing more blockout meshes with final pieces. These include; the record box, the square post-it notes, the picture frames, the TV remote, and the folded clothes in the drawers. Some of these could have had more time spent on them, but the projects certainty getting to it's polish stage and I'd rather not have too many more high def eye catching assets. 

I've also been adding some masking tape decals onto the led strips and the posters to show where they've been hung as a friend noted that the didn't look like they were really attached in places. 

I've made some lighting tweaks to remove some overall contrast, but add lighting to places like underneath the bed as it was way too dark underneath. I also added some dust PFX, but I think I'll need to tweak this before using it in the renders as it's a bit much

The next couple of weeks are going to be polishing some of the final blockout assets, bug fixing, doing lighting tweaks, and eventually the post process binge. 

Any feedback on my progress would be really appreciated! 
    Cheers!

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maybe turn down the intensity of the lamp light? I don't think a lamp, turned on, in the middle of the day time, would look so bright.

It's looking super good man.
  • JonJo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonJo interpolator
    @Ashervisalis , Good shout, I've gone and adjusted it to be about half as bright as that, fits in much better with the rest of the room, cheers :)
  • JonJo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonJo interpolator
    Hey all, smaller update than usual, but I thought I'd do a bit of a breakdown of some of the assets I've been working on using one-bit alphas / Masked materials. 

As for the scene, I've been doing some lighting and decal tweaks as well as adjusting some materials. I've added some extra variation to the book stacks, scattered a few magazines and fixed a bunch of bugs, but I'll wait for some more meaningful changes before posting more shots of the scene.

I've been working on a set of keys and a hairbrush. Both models would have required significant geometry even though they are rather insignificant models in the grand scheme of the scene. Therefore I tried some masked material techniques to save on geo, but keep the mesh looking accurate. 

Lemme know whatcha think!
    Have a good week all

• JonJo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonJo interpolator
    Hey guys, 

I've been re-working some of the areas of the room and playing with some post effects and lighting. I've been trying to achieve a slightly warmer effect and reduce a bit of the green tint that the room had with a LUT. I've boosted the amount of light in the room as the dingy lighting just isn't working for me.

I've added some torn wall paper decals as well as add a couple more props to the scene (magazines, extra variety in the books, second potted plant, telephone table, etc.) 

Still need to get a couple of assets out of the blockout stage, and I might start working on a couple of extra props to add to the character of the room such as an electric guitar and a basketball hoop toy for the back of the door.

Lemme know what you guys think!

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wicked. Lighting looks really cool. Maybe be a bit cautious about adding too many more props as I feel the scene has a good amount already. The torn wall paper is a really cool touch! I was thinking it might be cool to add a bit of extra geo to the ripped wall paper so it would be peeling off the wall slightly. Really looking forward to the final product!
  • JonJo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonJo interpolator
    @Ashervisalis Good call on the lights and the props there. I decided to scrap the idea of the guitar as it was just too much work for a hero prop that wouldn't support the scene much more than the keyboard does. I decided to finish up the rest of the blockout assets and call it quits! (aside from the basket ball hoop, couldn't help myself) 
    I had a good thought about adding the ripped wallpaper stuff as geometry, but at the moment, the decals are super cheap, and by adding geo it might make the scene look a little too decayed. 

Hey guys, here's another update. Getting super close to finish now! Just little tweaks and adjustments over the next few days to get this one wrapped up. I've added some subtle lighting to the desk to help highlight some of those hero props and finished most of the block out meshes, just one left to go. I've roughed up some of the props and moved some props around to help support the composition of the busy work side of the room, and the more relaxed rest area of the room. 

Here are some of the main shots I plan on using for the final post, let me know what you think I can change or move to get it to really pop!