Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

PP-2000

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Groove619 polycounter lvl 9
Hi, everyone. This is my first WIP on this forum. Decided to model a weapon 'PP-2000' for some contest to practice in modeling/uving/texturing a game-ready asset. My progress so far:
JBYXZgW.jpg
Having a problem with modeling flash suppressor:
psH3Umr.jpg
gdYMNc0.jpg
Help, please:)

Replies

• GhostBlades
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostBlades polycounter lvl 3
    Groove619 wrote: »
    Hi, everyone. This is my first WIP on this forum. Decided to model a weapon 'PP-2000' for some contest to practice in modeling/uving/texturing a game-ready asset. My progress so far:
    JBYXZgW.jpg
    Having a problem with modeling flash suppressor:
    psH3Umr.jpg
    gdYMNc0.jpg
    Help, please:)

Have you tried doing something like, making the hole shape on a 2 D plane and giving it enough subdivisions to where you can duplicate them in a row - connect them and then use the bend modifier?
  • Doxturtle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Doxturtle polycounter lvl 8
    Add a shell modifier to it, it will make the flash suppressor have thickness to it.
  • Groove619
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deal with it. Thanks guys.
    s3glPSB.jpg
  • Drgreenethumb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drgreenethumb polycounter lvl 9
    Your bevels are way to tight right now. You will have alot of problems with baking this gun. Make them alot thicker. Racer445 has a great image explaining this concept in deatil.
    L3qAWci.jpg?1
  • Groove619
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hipoly is done. Wire is ugly, so, I would like to hear some critiques.
    JDN0LNz.jpg
    vTdIh7x.jpg
    KBb9n2w.jpg
    4rbpDgV.jpg
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    Welcome to the forum! First things first, be sure to post reference of your project at the start of your thread from now on so people can provide better feedback.

To business.

Your support edges should be a similar distance for like materials to define materials. Right now your support edges are at random distances and take notice what that does to the falloff along the shapes' edges when smoothed. Your model currently is soft and doughy. Looking around at the wires, I see uneven support loops all over. Edges on curves that are wobbly. Think about how your support edges impact the shape and how the alignment and quantity of support edges can provide different looks to different materials. What shapes need a crisp edge? What shapes need smooth curves? Does the curve flow in or is there a crease? Which shapes are plastic and which are metal? These are questions you should always be asking yourself while modeling and they all require different approaches w edge loops.
  • Groove619
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Parallel with my  Deagle project, i wanted to complete this too for my portfolio, so i remodeled some things and add details.
    Little by little I'm starting to build up my workflow...

Specs:
    4*4k maps (Albedo, Metalness, Roughness, Normal) for the gun and 4*2k maps for flashlight.
    Gun - 6080 tris
    Flashlight - 1720 tris

Modeled in Blender;
    UV - UVLayout; 
    Baking - Marmoset Toolbag 3;
    Texturing - Substance Painter

• CybranM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CybranM interpolator
    At first I was surprised by the large jump in quality, then I looked at the dates. Great job man :smiley:

• Zi0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zi0 polycounter
    Looks cool, I would add some more wear and tear to the black plastic lower receiver part to make it more interesting.
  • Groove619
    Options
    Offline / Send Message