Home Technical Talk

Zbrush Node problem

Hi, i've started to use Zbrush but i have a problem.
I have this kind of "nodes" and i don't know how to fix it.

Thanks you

Replies

• Alex_J
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    A few problems here. 

On the surface level, the issue is that you are fighting against the topology. The topology must support the shape you are trying to create, otherwise you must change the topology. In Zbrush, ways you can change topology are : zremesher, dynamesh, sculptris pro, zmodeler brush. 

However, none of those tools will do you much good if you don't first understand how subdivision modeling works. Sometimes called subD modeling. If you are brand new to 3d, I would highly recommend learning subD modeling before any forrays into zbrush. Without a full time teacher there to guide you, working in zbrush before understanding the fundamentals of 3d will likely lead to misunderstandings and bad habits in your workflow. If you are real smart maybe you can just read a bit and get it, but I'm not so smart -- I need to do things for awhile before I can understand.

Lastly, in 3d, as in any technical profession, words matter. Words are tools we use to communicate. If you use the wrong tool for the job -- chaos. The world does not need more chaos. So, a word like "node" is a pretty specific word, and turns out it has a specific meaning in 3d context. This isn't meant to be nit-picky or judgy, just something a lot of beginners don't realize and most of your online education isn't going to teach you. Just keep in mind that words don't always mean what the common connotation might suggest.

• CreativeSheep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CreativeSheep polycounter lvl 8
    Honestly, if you've never done 3D modeling start in, Maya or whatever program using traditional tools.  I find having this knowledge makes understanding ZBrush easier.