Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Clementine - tpose

polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
nimlot26 polycount lvl 666
While I'm still fighting with the pose and the environment I've decided to drop this here for you to take a small peek.
In the past 2 months I've worked on this character(Clementine from Westworld). I wanted to see if I can make this really complex hairstyle and clothes. The whole process was streamed on my twitch:  https://www.twitch.tv/nimlot26 
If you wanna check a marmoset viewer file you can find on my artstation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/2xq4Xv
I hope you'll like it.

Replies

• evillair
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    evillair polycounter lvl 17
    Hi, this looks great, the only issue I can see is the face looks too far forward to me, everything else is spot on. Good job!

Here's an image of a quick edit in photoshop to show you what I mean, the white line is you silhouette as of right now, I just pushed it back a bit.

• nimlot26
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    evillair said:
    Hi, this looks great, the only issue I can see is the face looks too far forward to me, everything else is spot on. Good job!

Here's an image of a quick edit in photoshop to show you what I mean, the white line is you silhouette as of right now, I just pushed it back a bit.

Thanks for trying to help but you're wrong. You get fooled by the whole volume of hair on the back. The face is as forward as should be. Now that I'm looking at this picture I see that I might have moved her chin a bit upwards but other than that the proportions are there.

• evillair
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    evillair polycounter lvl 17
    That's an odd angle with her head turned.

This is a nice shot of her sideways.

• nimlot26
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    evillair said:
    That's an odd angle with her head turned.

This is a nice shot of her sideways.

Not really. That's a weird shot. I have it too in my reference folder but it's not working with the rest of them. Weird lens or something.
    I used this pack of images to sculpt her since they're all taken with the same camera and easier to make the proportions.

• Justo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    I don't know the real actress similarity nor seen the show and character, but I wanted to say good friggin job on that hair dude. It's been a long time since I saw realtime hair like this and said out loud Damn haha.  
  • littleclaude
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    littleclaude quad damage
    Man that hair!!! I am biting the back of my knuckles :) Great job on the skin as well. Thanks for the break down. Double thumbs up.

model
  • amandell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    amandell polycounter lvl 12
    Dude, this is such beautiful work, totally inspires me! You used Marvelous Designer for the clothes? I'd love to lean how you retopologized the drapery. Excellent work!
  • Vexod14
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vexod14 polycounter
    There is something that does not work on her face, maybe it comes from her look, fantastic work anyway (I guess straight look is here for rigging purpose mostly)
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    I think what is weird about her face is just that the real life actress has a weird face. I don't mean that in a negative way, I just mean she's pretty unique. Which, IMO, is a good thing. You want characters who catch you eye and hold your attention.

Anyway, well done again and thanks for sharing the process on twitch. I'll be sure to check it out soon.

By the way, the detail on the hair is so fine. Is that with only a 4k map?
  • nimlot26
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    amandell said:
    Dude, this is such beautiful work, totally inspires me! You used Marvelous Designer for the clothes? I'd love to lean how you retopologized the drapery. Excellent work!
    Yes. The clothes were made in marvelous. If you're a subscriber you can check see the whole process. All the broadcasts were saved.
  • nimlot26
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think what is weird about her face is just that the real life actress has a weird face. I don't mean that in a negative way, I just mean she's pretty unique. Which, IMO, is a good thing. You want characters who catch you eye and hold your attention.

Anyway, well done again and thanks for sharing the process on twitch. I'll be sure to check it out soon.

By the way, the detail on the hair is so fine. Is that with only a 4k map?
    The hair actually has a 2k map.
  • o0_themilkybarkid_0o
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    o0_themilkybarkid_0o polycounter lvl 2
    Oh hey, I didn't know you were on Polycount too! I just listened to your interview with Ryan Kingslien, really inspiring stuff. This model is gorgeous looking! The hair is just phenomenal, I'd love to learn how to do that!  
  • Blouko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blouko polycounter lvl 7
    This comment is probably unnecessary, but I'm 300% sure this is not a T-Pose, but an A-Pose. Anyways, great work it looks beautiful! :smile:
  • AlexJerjomin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexJerjomin triangle
    That Hair THough!!!! This is crazy good. Dude, if 3D wont work out for you :D you can always become a hairdresser :).. Awsome work!
  • DigitalCraze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bravo! <3 She was my favorite. 
  • nimlot26
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh hey, I didn't know you were on Polycount too! I just listened to your interview with Ryan Kingslien, really inspiring stuff. This model is gorgeous looking! The hair is just phenomenal, I'd love to learn how to do that!  
    Thanks. I'm streaming all day long from Monday to Friday so you can join anytime or just take a look at the saved videos on my twitch..tho for that you need to be a subscriber.
    Blouko said:
    This comment is probably unnecessary, but I'm 300% sure this is not a T-Pose, but an A-Pose. Anyways, great work it looks beautiful! :smile:
    Indeed it is an A pose but generically people are calling the poses ready for rigging T-pose...bad habit I guess.
    That Hair THough!!!! This is crazy good. Dude, if 3D wont work out for you :D you can always become a hairdresser :).. Awsome work!
    Yeah. I know...also I can become a tailor giving how many clothes I had to do in the past few years. :neutral:
    Bravo! <3 She was my favorite. 
    Thanks
  • nimlot26
    Options
    Offline / Send Message