Home Technical Talk

Maya LT - appleseed workflow?

Kahrel
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Kahrel polycounter lvl 7
Hey folks

I was curious if there was an established workflow between Maya LT and appleseed? Or if it was at all possible.

I'm a bit out of touch on the technical side, but have years of experience with Maya. Getting back into it making a short film and can't really afford Maya's current subscription prices. I've considered switching entirely to Blender, but would rather stick with what I'm familiar with if at all possible.

Thank you!

Replies

• sprunghunt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt polycounter
    Kahrel said:
    Hey folks

I was curious if there was an established workflow between Maya LT and appleseed? Or if it was at all possible.

I'm a bit out of touch on the technical side, but have years of experience with Maya. Getting back into it making a short film and can't really afford Maya's current subscription prices. I've considered switching entirely to Blender, but would rather stick with what I'm familiar with if at all possible.

Thank you!
    Maya LT is designed to be used for games. So it's not really supposed to be used for making short films and doesn't support exporting to any offline renderers like Arnold, Mentalray, or Renderman.
  • Kahrel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kahrel polycounter lvl 7
    Dang, ok. Thank you for your reply!