Home Technical Talk

Vignettes for Work (Starting from Zero)

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Stinkhorse polycounter lvl 12
My day job is gravestones, it's not exactly a technically forward facing industry. For the longest time our solution to big columbaria projects has been to hand render them into a photo, which is a laborious process.
Image result for columbarium
(Example Columbarium)

These are not complex objects and I was able to skip some of the steps by building a maquette in TinkerCAD, but even this is still longer on the back end than it should be as it doesn't allow for textures or high resolution output. You still have to do a lot of texture work by hand.

I'm looking for a way to make simple, real time, sketch-up style turn arounds of these objects, with decent lighting and materials. Sort of like this but with basic shapes, and real time lighting:
[sketchfab]10986ace32de44b7b3c92e1b0d76a0b5[/sketchfab]
It would really be several steps above our competition when it comes to helping a client visualize their project, hopefully making it easier for us to secure contracts. Problem is I don't know shit. As I mentioned before I can push blocks around in TinkerCAD, but nothing else has its ease of use for manipulating simple objects that I've been able to find.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I go about this? Free polished granite textures for anyone who wants them if I get this working.

Replies