Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

SOS, My portfolio needs your help!

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
JesusOrgaz polycounter lvl 2
Hi guys!  :)

After a long time triying to improve my portfolio i think its time to search feedback of other artist...Im very confused if i have to remove pieces of my portfolio or if  its better upload some old proyects like my Sketchfab models...I want to focus my skills to be a Character Artist...

One of the biggest questions i have is: Only one style or various? i have realistic and stylized character, and i really enjoy creating both!

What do you think about my presentation shots?

If you see my portfolio for first time, what type of pieces do you feel i need for improve?

If you have any feedback, tips, tutorials or anything, please, feel free to post your comment on this topic.

Thanks a lot! :)  ;)

My actual portfolio (Artstation page) https://www.artstation.com/jesusorgaz
Other 3d models i have in Sketchfab https://sketchfab.com/chusorgaz

Replies

• JesusOrgaz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i have been uploaded some images of my models! https://www.artstation.com/jesusorgaz and this is a new character i done, wip animations, hope you like it 
  • studio2a3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    studio2a3d polycounter lvl 5
    More is better.  Keep posting.  Self-promotion is a full-time job.  Work looks good.
  • JesusOrgaz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks a lot for your reply! 😀 
  • MorbidPandaUK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MorbidPandaUK polycounter lvl 2
    I had a look at your portfolio, there's some very impressive looking characters there and I think they're presented very well too! I think I would stick with more realistic styled characters for now, as I believe they're more visually appealing than the stylised pieces you've currently presented.

Perhaps you could still make interesting fantasy/sci-fi characters but try to apply a higher level of realism to them?
  • Lou_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lou_ polycounter lvl 6
    I really depends on where you want to work right? Different companies want different things. Your Mayweather piece is pretty damn good, so I am guessing that you enjoyed making it. 
    One thing would be not to watermark with marmoset viewer, I think it takes away from the thumbnail which you want to be as clickable as possible.
     I also would probably hide the smaller less impressive pieces. This is mainly due to the fact your work is only as strong as your weakest piece.

Hope this helps :D 
  • JesusOrgaz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for your answer! Im glad you like my works! Definetly im with you, my realistic characters looks better tan the stylized, maybe because these last are older or simple than the realistic models... 😀 Is so hard choose one style to focus my portfolio! I love the stylized and realistic works... And yea, maybe my next piece could be a scifi or fantasy model!
  • Lou_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lou_ polycounter lvl 6
    While stylized is fun man it all stems from realistic right. If you understand the forms and rhythm you can transfer the skill to make a stylized piece. I would say it does not really work the other way. 
    I would stay away from the simpler models your portfolio should showcase how awesome you are as a modeler. 
  • JesusOrgaz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lou_ said:
    While stylized is fun man it all stems from realistic right. If you understand the forms and rhythm you can transfer the skill to make a stylized piece. I would say it does not really work the other way. 
    I would stay away from the simpler models your portfolio should showcase how awesome you are as a modeler. 
    Definetly your replies has been very useful for me , thanks a lot! I need to model new pieces and the most important: Quality pieces, the realistic style is for sure the best option for learn more about the anatomy and that gonna helps me to improve the style of all my art.

The watermark of Marmoset maybe distract the attention to click on the model, i didnt think in thaht until now...Probably if i remove it or do it smaller get better im gonna try!
  • Lou_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lou_ polycounter lvl 6
    Hey good luck man 
  • JesusOrgaz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lou_ said:
    Hey good luck man 
    Thanks a lot, im doing new pieces to my portfolio! https://polycount.com/discussion/206163/pandaren-fan-art#latest