Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: djwiley912

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
djwiley912 polycounter lvl 9
Hello, I am looking for critiques, advice and pointers. Constructive criticism is more than welcome

Replies

• Orsony
    Offline / Send Message
    Orsony polycounter lvl 4
    I like the attitude she has for starters.

Proportionally there's a lot to be done. Starting with the face. The ears and the back of the jaw need to come forward a lot, and the cheekbones need to go further back. Try looking at yourself in the mirror and compare the way light hits your face to get a rough idea. I'd study the facial planes in The good book of Loomis (i'll leave links).

Body wise she's got some mad muscles going. Proportionally i think the arms and calves are done well, but as muscular as they are they'd do better on a man (or a beefy tranny who rides a lot. Maybe that's what you're going for.)

I'll link another book by Loomis on anatomy, which has some nice profiles of the ideal woman. Generally i think there needs to be more curves and refinement of the big shapes that form a womans silhouette. Go read whatever you need out of these books, and after some practice you'll be cruising.

Hope i'm not breaking rules by posting links.

https://archive.org/details/andrew-loomis-drawing-the-head-hands
    https://archive.org/details/loomis_FIGURE_draw

Good luck!
  • djwiley912
    Offline / Send Message
    Working on an Overwatch style of Madame Mirage and looking at the Overwatch technique of modeling. So for what i can see from their Zbrush models and a educated guess they do extract modeling in Zbrush and model the pieces of clothes and decals as meshes then bake them into the normal maps and the final game model.  The only real sculpting happens in there body and clothes
    The other note is that all characters have the signature lines in their noses. 

I am still designing her clothed I am looking at mercy and symmetry for style ref and I am working on adding more of the tech to her 

my pure ref board

• djwiley912
    Offline / Send Message
    Working on a Realistic sculpt based on Shohreh Aghdashloo. This is based on her chrisjen avasarala character on the Expanse series. I need to spend more time on her hands. My goal is to have portrait render in Unreal 

This originally started out as just a facial sculpt practice but I also wanted to improve my marvelous designer skills so I went with a full body model