Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Monster Hunter Fan Art - Vigorwasp delivery!

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
CodyBlack3D polycounter lvl 8
Greetings!

I haven't worked on a personal project in a good while, and after having spent more than a few hours playing Monster Hunter World, I thought it would be fun to make a fan art project involving a Rathalos and the player's faithful hunting buddy, the Palico.

Working towards making this a little diorama piece, here is what I have so far...lemme know what you guys think!

Replies

• Olenka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Olenka polycounter lvl 4
    Hey hello codeblack ! Your models are cute ! :D Right now I feel like your textures could be more vibrant and contrasted, and could use a bit more details ( little damages on the palico's armor, some simple painted scales on the rathalos ... ) 
  • CodyBlack3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback! The spec maps on both of them were pretty dull, so  tweaked the colors on them to hopefully make them a little more vibrant, though looking at the palico now, I'll probably want to adjust the fur a little more so that it contrasts a bit more with the red on the armor. Also added some edge wear to his armor, and added scales into the height map on the Rathalos.
  • CodyBlack3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message