Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Critique on my first Female 3d model

Tevin
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Tevin polycounter lvl 3
Hi everyone

I am working on a personal project to try and get better at 3d modelling or character modelling to be more specific. I am creating my first female character model and its also the first model where I didn't use a premade head and instead I followed the tutorials done by James Taylor on the female body and head models for animation. I have been using stylised female body anatomy for proportions and as well as referencing realistic female anatomy for reference as I have been told that some stylised anatomy can sometimes take liberties with the muscles.

The model in my opinion still looks a kinda janky but I would appreciate it if I could get some feedback whats good whats bad whats downright a crime anything that can help and if you have any tutorials or things I should look at that you think are useful please let me know

thank you 

Tevin

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    It looks janky most likely because you decided to do stylized so you could take some
    loberties with the mountains. 

Do a one to one study of real life human anatomy. You’re not quite ready for this kind of study to be as successful as you want it to be. 

Stylization works best when you know what complexities you’re streamlining. 
  • carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Why don't you try to model something like image one[or at least use it for construction guide, image 3 is even simpler version of image 1 ] and then experiment with different stylizations ?
    Also you could try to break the body in to small piece so you can modify them more easily -> image 2