Home Technical Talk

Modleing/Blocking of a bathrobe collar

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
bybyle polycounter lvl 4
Hi,

After many researches, I cannot find any answer to my question.
I need to model this kind of bathrobe. But I dont really know where to begin. What are the steps to get this done? I guess you block on Maya then sculpt on Zbrush. But I have some trouble blocking the collar. 
How dou you guys think I should do that? What's the easiest way? In maya or should I go to Zbrush to sculpt it?

Thanks a lot,

Replies

• Noors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noors greentooth
    Depends of your goal/time/quality wanted.
    For the most realistic result, you should definitely use Marvelous Designer and zbrush. Marvelous designer makes it "easy" to do garments and physically simulate the deformations. It's really close to make the thing with real fabrics, so you have to design the patterns, seams, fabric properties and stuff. It takes a bit of practice. But as you design everything in 2d, all those diamond patterns are easy to make. UV's are, well, implicit, so no need to unwrap. The fabric stripes will deform realistically without the massive pain of doing it by hand.
    Give it a go. Definitly a good skill to have.
    But the really tiny wrinkles require too much mesh resolution and simulation takes forever. So that's where you could do a zbrush pass. Check on youtube, there are several videos on this workflow. You might not even need it for this model.
    There are other physical cloth solutions (ncloth, maxcloth) but imo MD is by far the best for garments.