Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP: Chistian Bale Anatomy Study #2 Feedback needed

triangle
Offline / Send Message
priderice triangle
After I aligned the Basic Proportions of the Skull and Muscles. What is your opinion?
I wanted to separate Bone, Muscle and Skin.

Replies

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Depends on how complex you want to go you can check facial reconstruction makers and how they are placed or just append zshpere and sculpt on top of everything

• Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    Merge everything. Append the new merged subtool back into your tool. Fill it with a different material. For instance, use a skin material and give the muscles the red clay material. 

Dynamesh the merged subtool. Smooth it out with the deformation slider a bit. Inflate it so it just covers the other subtools. Start sculpting. You can push in areas of tight skin, expand areas of thicker, fatter, or looser skin, and so on.

The different materials should make it obvious if you've sculpted in too far. You can use transparency to make sure you haven't gone too far the other way with your skin layer.

I'm doing the same thing right now. If you give yourself a polysphere out on the side, you can grab it with the move gizmo and ctrl-drag out a duplicate if you need some more "clay" to work with. 

So again, for the skin layer (when this is finished), I'll just duplicate, merge this altogether, dynamesh it into one piece, and then i've got a form fitting layer of skin to begin with. 

• priderice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    priderice triangle

Thanks for the suggestion, as you have mentioned I merged every Tool and used the Extract function to get a thick skin. 
  • priderice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    priderice triangle
    I used a lot of time to shape the Skin, and I sculpted a quick and dirty Wig. I hope you can give me some advice guys. Is it looking like Bale? How are the Proportions?

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    When is your deadline for this project ?
    Unfortunately your references are not very good for what you trying to achieve for example in side view his head is turn up and camera is below which pretty much make it impossible for front and side view to ever match
    I suggest you watch your favorite move by him one more time [dvd or better blueray quality ] and take screenshot when ever good close up is on screen [front, back and various 3/4 is what you need + close ups of features or even better sequence where he turn his head 90 degree-> front to side or reverse ]. My pick will be equilibrium lighting of the movie will make your task easier
    Why did you start inside out then you only have images of surface anatomy ? In my opinion outside in will be easier if you create accurate shell of his face and use some x ray head images as reference you can estimate his skull and then just have to place muscles in between skull and skin