Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Ciri model would love some feedback

Replies

• Stefmon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stefmon polycounter lvl 8
    Yo. The detail is nice and the anatomy is good. You can take it further by adding in those realistic details, making the assets more finalized and fixing small anatomical issues. You could even use an actual human reference to make the face more realistic.

Although it's nice to spin around the model, it's easier to check out if you post perspective screenshots from Zbrush. Check out the ones in this post.

I think it could benefit from more detail on the clothing. Tertiary details like seams, stitches and tears add a lot when done well. The hair could also be detailed a little further round the back just because it is much finer on the front. 
    The boots could use some work. Even if that's cloth over metal, the cloth would not bend in such a way: It's just a little too much and everywhere. Check out Burne Hogarth's Dynamic wrinkles and drapery book. It's a little dated and the examples are themselves exaggerated but show the fundamentals of drapery. Scruff up those shoes too. She be kickin' monster butt all day, they shouldn't feel like a new pair of heels. I'm not saying cut them up a bunch but put in some detail. Since you have no texture all I'm reading is the sculpt.

The sword as well could be it's own project. Some people are specialized purely on weapons so don't be afraid to spend time making it detailed and interesting. 

Last thing I would say is that the indent at the base of the front neck (above the sternum) is a little deep. The neck could come a little further forward.

Hope that's useful. Again, some perspective renders would be a lot better!
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    If it's just a decimated sculpt, it's got to be absolutely awesome. This is only the beginning of a completed, awesome sculpture though. As mentioned, a mountain of time put into further detailing is necessary to make this really shine, however I can see a few fundamental problems:

1. Note the position of the eyes from the side. This is a malformed skull. I don't think cro-magnon man had such a brow -- that is to say, this goes beyond a matter of making her look perfect and sexy, this is a major deviancy from human bone structure. This is the biggest issue I see. Also looking at the neck and ear position something is seeming to be a bit off there as well. The entire skull structure and position may need to be carefully considered.

2. The glutes. Her left glute protudes further out than the right, although her pose suggest the opposite effect should be happening. 

3. Pants folds : Enough excess material to make folds underneath the glutes, yet the seam is riding deep into her crack. This doesn't exactly make sense. Ciri has a fine ass, but that doesn't mean she deserves an atomic wedgie.

4. Unifinished work : you've got some seams that are obviously just a single pass with the dam standard brush, and they just quit at arbitrary points. Like the seam around the waist stops before completing at the rear. Maybe you didn't intend to say this is a finished model, but  WIP you need some feedback on. In that case, it may help to mention that and ask specific questions about parts you are concerned with so the reviewer can ignore stuff like this.

Overall, you've got a cool model, but it needs some revision at the fundamentals level, as well as probably 3x as much time as you've put in so far to fully finalize it.