Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

SP MT-1 4-8-2

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
LoganTMT triangle
Finished the mesh for the SP MT-1 4-8-2 Steam Locomotive, currently working on the 160-C2 Class Tender for the engine to use. (The middle image represents MT-1 number 4315 in 1939)

Replies

• MarcoAntonio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MarcoAntonio polycounter lvl 6
    Nice work!!!
    Which references are you using? Looking at the following picture there seems to be some missing pieces and others (red circles) don´t look the same size as the ones you have in the picture above.

I understand that you are still working on it. Try to gather the much references as you can to understand the shapes.
  • LoganTMT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoganTMT triangle
    I'm following references straight from my research books. MRR Steam Locomotive Cyclopedia Volume 1 and my great grandfather's copy of Locomotive Cyclopedia of American Practice from 1925. The Worthington Feedwater Heater is correct according to the later rebuilds of them and the headlight is a Pyle-National Headlight during this time and not the can style as before 1938. Also, the middle picture is correct for 4315 in 1939, the bottom picture is correct for 1942-1955.
  • MarcoAntonio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MarcoAntonio polycounter lvl 6
    LoganTMT said:
    I'm following references straight from my research books. MRR Steam Locomotive Cyclopedia Volume 1 and my great grandfather's copy of Locomotive Cyclopedia of American Practice from 1925. The Worthington Feedwater Heater is correct according to the later rebuilds of them and the headlight is a Pyle-National Headlight during this time and not the can style as before 1938. Also, the middle picture is correct for 4315 in 1939, the bottom picture is correct for 1942-1955.
    Nice then!
  • LoganTMT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoganTMT triangle
    Got my Trailing truck pretty much done and almost finished the tender textures, just need to export it and get the Southern Pacific words put on the sides.

• LoganTMT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoganTMT triangle
    Trailing truck in Unreal Engine 4