Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Surrealism Series | Need lots of feedback and criticism!

null
Offline / Send Message
Verts null
Im a 16 year old 3D Artist  from austria and i really need lots of good criticism on my work so i can improve!
This is my latest art series "Surrealism Series". Id really appreciate your criticism on my work! ^^ Thanks in advance : )

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    What's your objective with these pieces?
  • theonewhoknocks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    theonewhoknocks polycounter lvl 6
    Lighting seems pretty flat in a lot of these pieces. Also composition could be played with, as it is now everything is centered which doesn't work for everything. But like Brian said, we can help critique your work more if we know what you are shooting for with these renders?
  • studio2a3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    studio2a3d polycounter lvl 5
    It's a good start.  What software are you using?
  • Verts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Verts null
    Lighting seems pretty flat in a lot of these pieces. Also composition could be played with, as it is now everything is centered which doesn't work for everything. But like Brian said, we can help critique your work more if we know what you are shooting for with these renders?
    My objective with these works, was basically really just surrealism without a big meaning. Im just making a realistic environment with normal objects and then there are certain areas that are surrealistic. For example the laptops modeling is realistic but a few keys are colorized and dont seem actually real anymore. The keys have been typed and yea to symbolize that i gave them color and made them move towards the screen, because these actual keys will be displayed on the screen after typing them. So im not even actually telling a real story with these pictures since im still too unexperienced to do this, because i have no skills in composition. But i completely agree, the light is boring and everything is centered.
  • Verts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Verts null
    It's a good start.  What software are you using?
    Im using cinema4d R19.
    For rendering i use mostly the intern physical renderer but now im getting into redshift and playing around with that.
  • Verts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Verts null
    What's your objective with these pieces?
    My objective with these works, was basically really just surrealism without a big meaning. Im just making a realistic environment with normal objects and then there are certain areas that are surrealistic
  • defragger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    defragger sublime tool
    I suggest to buy a book about studio / product photography.

Your camera angles are more or less top-down almost isometric. You are probably doing this because you don't have a background on your scenes. It's more like an object on a plane but that's fine. This is where studio photography comes in. You can play a lot with depth-of-field and perspective. Sometimes a very basic background can give great results. Even a simple studio backdrop with some area lights will do wonders for you.
  • Verts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Verts null
    defragger said:
    I suggest to buy a book about studio / product photography.

Your camera angles are more or less top-down almost isometric. You are probably doing this because you don't have a background on your scenes. It's more like an object on a plane but that's fine. This is where studio photography comes in. You can play a lot with depth-of-field and perspective. Sometimes a very basic background can give great results. Even a simple studio backdrop with some area lights will do wonders for you.
    Thanks for the tips i really appreciate it ! Yes you are right i dont have a background since its just like quick works i do so i dont want to spend time on making backgrounds that might not turn out well. Ill definitely get me some books. I wanted to get into lighting and composition anyways! : )