Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Overwatch Fan Character - Battery

Kdawg
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Kdawg polycounter lvl 7
Hey Polycounters. I've been working on this character for the past few weeks for the Stylized Character Class by Hannah Kang. 
My goal was to create a character in the Overwatch style, someone who could fit in their world. 
Her codename is Battery. She is a street vigilante, fightning the crime in her neighborhood that the cops ignore. She fights with twin electric tonfa's charged by her electric backpack that she fashioned herself.

Marmoset viewer is here
Thanks for checking this out!
C&C is appreciated.

Replies

• Alemja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alemja hero character
    This a pretty nice character! However it doesn't feel like Overwatch for a few reasons I think:
    • Some materials have a little too much edge wear, really apparent on her shirt/jacket
    • The technology reads kinda old and steampunk, which might work for some skins but Overwatch has a very clear future vibe to it's tech.
    • You have some details which are too thin in my opinion, like her earrings or the wires on her belt. It makes it so you're venturing into the "too much detail" section:
    Again, I think she's great by herself, but would need more work to fit within Overwatch. I would highly recommend giving this a look too:

• jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    looking good! how was her class, I was curious about taking it