Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Kill Bill - Uma Thurman

marvinator
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
marvinator polycounter lvl 3
This here is Uma Thurman’s character “The Bride”, from Quentin Tarantino’s Kill Bill Vol. 1. Still a bit of a newbie at this, but I basically box-modeled her, sculpted some details, hand-painted and rigged her. I made the katana as a separate object. I know there are some problems, but I have to post it. Maybe I post some additional poses. Tips, feedback is welcome. :)

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    decent start.

Jumpsuit needs a zipper.

You need to spend more time with sculpting the face and likeness correctly.,  Lot of anatomical issues.

Hair read metallic.  Hair isn't metal. Also shape wise, looks like spaghetti.
  • Dom_B
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dom_B null
    One of my favorite movies! It's a good start but a few things stand out to me. The face has some anatomical/proportional issues you're gonna want to spend more time sculpting it to really get the likeness. The hair looks off and kind of stringy. Try to see the hair as a collection of big clumps and shapes instead of a million strands. The body overall is pretty good proportion wise but the texture in her chest area looks off. It's good to have some discoloration but try to tone it down a bit it so it'll look more natural. The hands are slightly off, it looks like her fingers are the same size. Also, the overall pose looks stiff try to push it further and make it more dynamic, really think the overall silhouette and line of action. Keep working at it though! I hope this helps!  :)
  • marvinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    marvinator polycounter lvl 3
    Hey guys thanks a lot for the input it's really helpful. I'm diving deeper into anatomy and focusing on sculpting right now. I'm also trying out other softwares in addition to blender. I've noted the weaknesses in my work and I'll get better! ;)