Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Topology question

juanoblagu
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
juanoblagu polycounter lvl 6
Hi everyone, anyone has any recommendation for optimizing this mess here?

many thanks in advance!

Replies

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Shoulder is fine but you don't have loops around the mouth
  • Stefmon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stefmon polycounter lvl 8
    Yo, here's some stuff! The neck should mostly be continuous loops, like on a cyllinder. I can see a loop on the front of the neck that could continue into a new one in the back of the neck, instead of forming a diamond. Just insert a loop on the back and merge the two.
    The second is the shoulder diamond thing. Just collapse that whole diamond into a single line otherwise it will stick out like a little bump when deforming the arm. Then you should have a pretty sleek shoulder.

Carvuliero is right about the mouth. I can see you have a loop that goes from the bottom of the mouth to the top of the nose but you need one or two around the mouth only as well. I threw a screen below that shows what I mean, and a resource I use that shows the loops of the face.

http://wiki.polycount.com/wiki/FaceTopology

Hope that helps  :)
  • juanoblagu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you guys are very kind! thank you very much for all this info!!
  • juanoblagu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stefmon said:
    Yo, here's some stuff! The neck should mostly be continuous loops, like on a cyllinder. I can see a loop on the front of the neck that could continue into a new one in the back of the neck, instead of forming a diamond. Just insert a loop on the back and merge the two.
    The second is the shoulder diamond thing. Just collapse that whole diamond into a single line otherwise it will stick out like a little bump when deforming the arm. Then you should have a pretty sleek shoulder.

Carvuliero is right about the mouth. I can see you have a loop that goes from the bottom of the mouth to the top of the nose but you need one or two around the mouth only as well. I threw a screen below that shows what I mean, and a resource I use that shows the loops of the face.

http://wiki.polycount.com/wiki/FaceTopology

Hope that helps  :)
    do you think putting a triangle there makes things worse? this would be for a lowpoly video and im noit sure if the mouth is going to move, what do you guys think?

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    If its not going to move wont be a problem , just in case you can move triangle one row upward
  • juanoblagu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If its not going to move wont be a problem , just in case you can move triangle one row upward
    Thank youy very much!