Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

W.I.P Christopher Walken

Erathic
null
Offline / Send Message
Erathic null

Hi guys and gals.

First time posting here.

I'm working on this likeness sculpt off Christopher Walken.

And I'm here Looking for some critique/pointers.

My goal is to be as realistic as possible, right now I'm working on getting all the shapes right, the eyes, nose,chin and cheekbones I have been trying going up in sub level and adding wrinkles and smaller details but every time I'm unhappy with the result. Something is off. So I go back and try again with the bigger shapes. I have been staring myself blind and feel stuck.

My dream is to work with this in the future so the more critique and pointers I get the better for me!  Thanks.

Replies

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    My dream is to work with this in the future
    Can you elaborate on this line ?
    How serous are you about this likeness business ?
    Are you willing to spend a month in preparation ?
  • Erathic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Erathic null
    My dream is to work with this in the future
    Can you elaborate on this line ?
    How serous are you about this likeness business ?
    Are you willing to spend a month in preparation ?
    Well my dream is to work with 3D art in the movie/game industry.
    Not just likeness stuff. i just thought this would be a good thing to have in my portfolio. and i don't understand your last question... in preparation for what? But if it would help me get a foot in the vfx/cgi business i would be willing to spend a year en preparation.
  • carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    If you don't know much about sculpting and facial anatomy a month is good amount of time to acquire sufficient understanding to get a real stab on someone's likeness .You need few basic points covered to have higher chance to succeed or you can try to sculpt what you see if you can see -> the more you know the more you can see