Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Pizza Oven for Pepperonic video game from NOWWA (WIP)

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
monkeydedu polycounter lvl 2
Hello everyone, i hope they are well, This is a design of a pizza oven. I focus on an image of the same game but 2d. I would like to know what you think about the UV and topology of the low poly model, the bake works well and I do not observe artifacts in it.

You will notice some changes from version 2d to 3d, because the director asked for it that way. The clock tends to be a model that is already used several times.

2D VERSION
BAKE

LOW POLY MODEL

UV

Replies

• Larry
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator
    Is it for mobile? Will this be the only major piece in the scene? You could save texture space by unwrapping 1 brick and then copy the uv map to the other bricks, so that you won't waste 1/3 of your texture for the bricks.
    Also, if you want the lowest possible model, you can remove the chamfers, reduce the cylinder sides,and bake all the bricks to 1 single gate-like object. 

• monkeydedu
    Offline / Send Message
    No, it will not be for mobile. It will be for Steam and Nintendo, yep, Okay thanks, but When doing the baking, the texture of the brick will not be overwritten by the different positions?

• Larry
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator
    well, you just keep and bake 1 of them in the process.The mesh you bake sometimes is not the mesh you use for your scene (e.g. you can save texture space for symmetrical objects by baking half of it) The "problem" will be if you use some ambient occlusion and position maps because e.g. if you want to place dirt on the upper side of the rocks, you cannot achieve different results because they will all have the same texture space, so any changes will be applied to all the rocks
  • monkeydedu
    Offline / Send Message
    For that reason, could I keep the shape of my uv map? since if I want to add different details this would be useful
  • Larry
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator
    Yea, it's perfectly fine the way it is, i did those comments because from the looks of it, i thought that maybe it's for mobiles !