Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

A Dodgeburn Sketchbook

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Dodge_Burn polycounter lvl 2
Hey, fellow game artists!
I'm a 2D concept artist (Oh good lord, that's all such old work and I need to update it with a bunch of unseen stuff soon soon soon! ) with several years of experience in the Game Industry and a background in editorial illustration.  I've puttered around with Max some but this week I've decided to really take a crack at learning how to effectively utilize ZBrush.  

I plan to use this thread as a dump for my 3D lunch break sketches and I would love any feedback or crits y'all can give. 

As of now I'm totally new to the tool and am still working on grasping basic concepts like Dynamesh, Tranpose or Subtools. I still haven't done my research on the best way to present or render work so bear with me as I bombard you with crappy screencaps of models to start with.

Here's the first thing I sculpted in the tool from dynameshing a basic sphere.  A sort of were-bear creature.  It's looking a bit too 'bulby' for me and I think I could push the planes more but you live and you learn and you move on.  

Here it is with more time spent on it, posed, looking more overworked and even more bulbous. IMO taking it to high poly wouldn't teach me much at this point because a strong foundation is not yet there.  I still need to focus on basic forms. 

Second sculpt.  I took a crack at ye olde planar human head study.  Again starting with a sphere.  The separate eye spheres are my first foray into working with Subtools. 

Replies