Home Technical Talk

Distorted cylinder texture

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Udjani interpolator
I can't figure out the problem here, both of them have almost the same topology, and unwrapped the same way, the distorded one have longer polygons. I tried some diffrente approach but could only make it better by inserting a loop, but maybe there is a better way to solve this? 

Replies

• kat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kat polycounter lvl 17
    If that's Blender (looks like it?) that typically happens when the warped image is mapped to an nGon or other quad+ surface, especially if it contains non-axial or non-planar shapes/structures. If you "Tessellate" (Ctrl+T) and rebuild (Ctrl+J) the quads it should de-twist without necessarily requiring a remap of the UV - basically the UV and texture mapping is doing what sometimes happens when trying to fill an nGon edged whole which cause the resulting face to twist all over the place.
  • Udjani
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Udjani interpolator
    @kat. Yes its blender, i think that i not really understanding the terminology or maybe bcz i have some hk changed, but by rebuild(ctr+j), you mean tris to quads? If yes, then dindn't work. But its probably me doing something wrong.
  • kat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kat polycounter lvl 17
    Select the offending face and Ctrl+T. Once it is broken down into triangles Shift+right-click neighbouring PAIRS then Ctrl+J to join them together into a Quad. You might have a few stray triangles (which is ok), but unwrapping should then work as expected.