Home Technical Talk

[Maya] Child do not go to Parent despite Translation Scale and Rotation being zeroed

bentraje
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
bentraje polycounter lvl 7
Hi, 

There are just those days that Maya seems to screw at the middle of the night near the end of a project. This is one of those days. 
I have this child that do not go to the parent despite the Trans, Scale and Rot being zeroed out. Is there a way around this?

You can see an illustration of the problem here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qtr2f6ua9t0qinu/MYA047_improper_zero.mp4?dl=0

You can also see an illustration file here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nhvffwlkai8lx2z/MYA047_improper_zero.ma?dl=0

Thank you for your time. 

Replies

• m4dcow
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    If you move your curve to the origin, you will see it still has transforms on it ie: its pivot is not at 0,0,0 so when the cube is the child and has zeroed out transforms that position is not where the pivot of the curve is.
  • bentraje
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks madcow. I never though of that way. 
    But is there a way to have the transform totally zeroed out? 

Currently what happens is zero the curve transforms, zero out the world pivot and then reposition the curve into the world origin which is somewhat cumbersome if I had to do it in several objects

I'm not really asking for a script but is there an existing command already in Maya can do just that?
  • m4dcow
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    bentraje said:
    Thanks madcow. I never though of that way. 
    But is there a way to have the transform totally zeroed out? 

Currently what happens is zero the curve transforms, zero out the world pivot and then reposition the curve into the world origin which is somewhat cumbersome if I had to do it in several objects

I'm not really asking for a script but is there an existing command already in Maya can do just that?
    Never really used it, but the bake pivot command does what you're looking for.
  • bentraje
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for pointing it out mate. It works as expected