Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] BiRB - The Anthropomorphic Chicken

null

Tried posting this previously but never went through.
Update on how the Chicken Man project is coming along.
The plan is to have him fully rigged ready for a lip-sync project at University.
Concept Art:

Basemesh:

Started getting into ZBrush with the concept and is turning out better than expected.

Turnaround:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvrHazqyOFQ
This is my second character in Zbrush, so pointing out any rookie mistakes is much appreciated!
Further details on this project can be found on my Blog.

Replies

• MrDinosaur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrDinosaur null
    Started on Pre-vis for the sequence. This is only really a first pass but any critique is much appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19TT7Ha_wJQ
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    it's odd to me how much actual anatomy you sculpted. i mean thats totally okay but stylewise it is VERY different from your concept. far too naturalistic i think
  • MrDinosaur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrDinosaur null
    Neox said:
    it's odd to me how much actual anatomy you sculpted. i mean thats totally okay but stylewise it is VERY different from your concept. far too naturalistic i think
    Yeah, I see where you're coming from. I made some design decisions throughout production because my schedules super tight. Definitely something I'll have to keep in mind though. I appreciate the tip! Thanks :)
  • MrDinosaur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrDinosaur null
    Update-
    Retopology has been done and Displacement maps are working in Arnold
    Going to explore Mari for further texture work.

Built a Deformation skeleton, that is working better than expected on base weights.
    Started Rigging. Its going slow since I am trying a new workflow with some new techniques but seems to be going okay so far. If anyone has a good solution for mirroring the control rig that would be great, currently I am skinning my control curves and flipping the joint scale to perfectly adjust the CV's. Trying to avoid freeze transforms.

Video demonstrating the current functionality.
    Ribbon Spine
    IK/FK arms with Translation & Rotation based shoulder
    IK/FK legs & foot with roll, tiptoe, spread and curl control - with layered FK for tweaking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euYpiSuRn_A
  • MrDinosaur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrDinosaur null
    Rigging is coming along nicely, got his legs, feet and hands working.
    Updated his textures a bit since there were some issues with the sculpt and thus displacement had some unintentional artifacts. Next on the agenda is facial rigging, I've got the book Stop Staring on hand, if anyone else has some other good sources for learning facial rigging I'd love to know.

As you can see, secondary character still needs some work.
    I also started doing some test renderings of my pre-vis: