Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Environment- Nasir Al Molk Mosque

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
salacious_Crumb polycounter lvl 11
Thought I would post my work in progress on an environment I've been working on. Thought I would make something colourful for once. Textures made in Substance Designer or painter. The pillars were made in Zbrush and finished in Painter. Need to finish off the rugs and hanging braziers.
Not sure what to do with the lighting, wether to make it brighter, or darker and more contrasting.

Any feedback of comments welcome.

Replies

• MarcoAntonio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MarcoAntonio polycounter lvl 6
    Looks good to me. The only problem I see is this:

• salacious_Crumb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, its still a work in progress. That problem is from an earlier brighter screen shot, it was a lighting issue, but its fixed now.
    I feel like the overall image its lacking something, but can't quite think of what it is. Maybe i need to work on the lighting more...
  • Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    2 ideas;
    -There could be a bit more contrast in the lighting. Maybe use the lighting to draw your eye to a particular location?
    -I feel what is missing from the picture is a focus point. The entire image is really detailed, but my eye needs something to focus on. Maybe a hero prop situated in front of the windows?

It's looking really good!
  • JordanN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanN interpolator
    Out of curiosity, where did you get the rug texture from? Was it hand made, or was it a photo?
  • salacious_Crumb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Had another go at the lighting, trying to get more contrast and colours in. Hope its not too saturated now.

I know what you mean about a focal point, but I dont really want to add any props that aren't there in real life. 

Here's a reference image, something like I'm aiming for:
    Dunno if I want the light caustics to be that saturated though. (Also note that the pillars have that strange lighting issue in real life :)

I still need to finish off the Braziers and Rugs. They are made from a photo at the moment, I thought about trying to make them in Substance Designer, I could make some of the patterns, but they are far too detailed to make the whole thing. Would take me weeks!

• salacious_Crumb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some more images, think I'm almost ready to call this done.

To create the coloured shadows I had to use a modulated material. This means I had to have all static lighting for it to work, which has been a pain to work with. Would have preferred to use a stationary or dynamic directional light.

Any feedback welcome.
  • AlirezaMorgan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlirezaMorgan polycounter lvl 6
    I've actually been in the nasir-al-molk mosque and from what i remember you successfully captured the feeling of the place 
    although i don't remember it to be quite as colorful :D 
    can you share with us the Technics you used to texture the tiles ?