Home Technical Talk

Getting good at Marvelous Designer

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
p.francescoven polycounter lvl 3
Hey guys, so I'm trying to model some clothes for a character i'm doing. I kind know how to use MD but I don't know how to find patterns and stuff. How do y'all pros use it? Like, you learn the basic patterns and then you change it for the character you're sculpting? And If so, where could I find some patterns? Thanks!

Replies

• Aabel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aabel polycounter lvl 6
    You learn to make patterns. Fortunately this is a well documented discipline with tons of learning material available, everything from in person classes at community colleges, online classes, videos on youtube, and books on amazon. Just search on pattern drafting and go from there.
  • p.francescoven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aabel said:
    You learn to make patterns. Fortunately this is a well documented discipline with tons of learning material available, everything from in person classes at community colleges, online classes, videos on youtube, and books on amazon. Just search on pattern drafting and go from there.
    Oh so that's how it's called! Pattern drafting!! That's why I couldn't find much. Do you have something to suggest?
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    pattermakerpro.com
  • p.francescoven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pattermakerpro.com
    This works with subscription tho :\
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    There is lots of tutorials on youtube for free that she puts out. You should be able to find them from her site.

The subscription is a pay one time per month deal that gives you unlimited access to lots of patterns that come with step-by-step instruction on how to make them. Well worth $19 for one month or whatever it is to get you a library of patterns built up.

She's a professional seamstress. You're not going to get better instruction anywhere else.
  • GreyJke
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GreyJke polycounter lvl 2
    Find a book about real sewing, they had a lot of patterns.