Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Pirate Flintlock

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Olingova interpolator
Hello Polycounters :)

Finished that piece, i really wanted to train my texturing skills again and i reaaally look forward for crits!!! I already played a bit with a colt pistol i posted here not that long ago but i tried to push it a bit more here :)The piece is about 24 000 Tris, there's a sketchfab link on my artstation there: (there's the colts too)

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/19BNX

Thanks for passing by!

Replies

• Forest_Cat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Forest_Cat polycounter lvl 6
    The junction of the wooden butt and the metal trunk looks too clean. Also it is necessary to polish a little those places in which the shooter touches the weapon.
  • Olingova
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Olingova interpolator
    The junction of the wooden butt and the metal trunk looks too clean. Also it is necessary to polish a little those places in which the shooter touches the weapon.
    Yeah you're right i think so too, i will try to rework that part i also really wanna use the wooden parts more when the hand touch it more :) thanks for your feedback!
  • rexo12
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rexo12 interpolator
    I might suggest a proper profile view so we can see the full model, without DoF or anything occluding sections.

Also consider doing a beauty shot with a proper diorama set up for this, lean it against a barrel with some rum or something :lol:

Presentation can go a long way to selling your model!
  • Olingova
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Olingova interpolator
    Yeah that sounds like a good idea i will definitely try to do that to improve my renders!! Thanks for the tip :) i will also try to post better views, i got a sketchfab renders on the artstation page naybe i could post it here too
  • Olingova
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Olingova interpolator
    Hey guys! Quick update before holidays: i started setupping a diorama for better renders but got caught by an idea: making a full pirate set!! So i quickly started 2 pistols and a ax, i'm planning on doing the saber, the bottle of rhum and the compass too (the ultimate "how to be a pirate 101 set") maybe a shovel could be nice aswell, if you guys got any idea i'm more then ready to hear it!

Here are some screens of the firsts blockings:

Also did some minor tweaks on the rifle texture but i ll keep working on it and show it when it's finished :) See you!